MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Mar 28, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #3,241 of 4,813
Mar 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #3,242 of 4,813
You didn't show the initial 10 minute iPad "finger sketch" concept, lol! I can say I'm quite a bit happier with my final version! :)

Why is it you can write very well and sketch so well and I struggle with stick figures and write like an engineer - brief accurate and boring, or verbose and uhhh, boring? That is a back handed compliment by the way. Very cool art.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,243 of 4,813
Question for all the folks. I'm wanting a tube rig for work. My main system is a MJ2. I'm trying to decide between the Vali 2 or Lyr 2. Anyone compared the two with the Ether C?

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #3,244 of 4,813
Question for all the folks. I'm wanting a tube rig for work. My main system is a MJ2. I'm trying to decide between the Vali 2 or Lyr 2. Anyone compared the two with the Ether C?

I'm waiting for the ALO Cv5 for some tube action with the ETHER C. I know, not very helpful for your specific question. :xf_eek:

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #3,245 of 4,813

If you're not that concerned about the money, lyr2 is clearly better, no contest. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,246 of 4,813
I'm waiting for the ALO Cv5 for some tube action with the ETHER C. I know, not very helpful for your specific question.
redface.gif

That's going to be a nice pairing.  I was really impressed with it at Canjam.  Spark is going to be nice too.  I see both tube and SS in my portable future... lol

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #3,247 of 4,813
If you're not that concerned about the money, lyr2 is clearly better, no contest. 

How would you compare the Lyr 2 and Cavalli Liquid Carbon when paired with the Ether C? I'm looking to get an amp for my Alpha Dogs, but I know my next headphone will be the Ether C and I'd like it to pair nicely with it :D

I know the LC isn't readily available anymore, but I've been hearing rumors of a second production run so I figured I'd ask!

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #3,248 of 4,813
Haha exact same boat here! Currently own the Alpha Dogs but next headphone will be the Ether C for endgame, and I'm considering getting an Asgard 2 to power them. The Chord Mojo looks really good as well but I need to power my studio monitors as well. Hope to hear about your Ethers if you get them. 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #3,249 of 4,813
  Haha exact same boat here! Currently own the Alpha Dogs but next headphone will be the Ether C for endgame, and I'm considering getting an Asgard 2 to power them. The Chord Mojo looks really good as well but I need to power my studio monitors as well. Hope to hear about your Ethers if you get them. 
darthsmile.gif

Imo Chord Mojo sounds much better than Asgard 2 with Ether C and you can easily get a 3.5mm to 2 RCA jacks cable to power your studio monitors. Mojo is also a great DAC so you get everything in one small device. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #3,250 of 4,813
Just re-posting this pic to clear that ridiculous Dino sketch from the recent images in the thread.

:D

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #3,251 of 4,813
Oohh... The thing is I already have a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus as a DAC so it would be more cost efficent to get the Asgard 2 and be done...
But the MoJo... Looks sooo sexy :p

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,253 of 4,813
You didn't show the initial 10 minute iPad "finger sketch" concept, lol! I can say I'm quite a bit happier with my final version!
smily_headphones1.gif

Since it's T-Rex, she obviously has her Ether-C plugged into a Walkman.

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #3,255 of 4,813
I have an alternate 1.1 setup that I love. It might seem blasphemous, but please don't knock it unless you try it.

Place the 1.1 black foam over the driver FIRST. Then place the white felt over the black foam. White felt will not fit flush. Just take your finger and press it lightly around the edges of the white felt and it will stay. I am rocking the stock Ether C angled ear pads without any tuning pads placed in them.

This setup carves out a sweet hole in the center of image that vocals fit perfectly into and sound natural and euphonic to my ears. Sub bass is powerful.

I have put together a playlist on Tidal that encapsulates several genres and showcases the strengths of this reverse pad placement. Again, this is my opinion and preference. I am sharing this because I feel some may like the sonic alterations, especially with rock/metal/hip-hop.

http://tidal.com/playlist/f37fa3ba-be98-4b0e-a925-bf9c6cdbb090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back