MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jul 10, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #4,321 of 4,813
For some reason i would love to see measurements with the zmf pads on vs originals ... :xf_eek:

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #4,323 of 4,813
For some reason i would love to see measurements with the zmf pads on vs originals ...
redface.gif

You sound.... doubtful..

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4,324 of 4,813
  you need to cut a bit of the sleeving (about a third to a half maybe), but after that it fits perfectly.

Also the black tuning pads give more weight to bass as well (but also reduces detail, clarity and imaging a bit).

Doesn't sound too tough, any chance you know where I can see some pics that show the necessary cuts?

I've been using the tuning pads off and on, haven't figured out if I like my 1.1 stock or with an extra pair of black pads.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #4,326 of 4,813
I bought the ZMF cowhide pads for my Ether C. Didn't do any cutting, just strapped them on after taking off the stock pads. 

Can confirm, deepens the sub-bass considerably from stock without affecting the overall signature noticeably, at least for me.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #4,327 of 4,813
@zach915m (ZMF) is also selling a new pad meant for the omni that is round by default instead of the oval shape of the current ZMF pads

ZMF OMNI PADS PRE-ORDER:  $49.99

Est. Delivery: August / Reg Price starting Aug 1st: $59.99

After a year of development ZMF has created the ultimate earpads for comfort, sound, durability and aesthetics.  Try them on the ZMF's or your favorite headphone, as the ZMF pads will fit most full sized cans.

OMNI PAD DIMENSIONS: (CURRENTLY ONLY IN LAMBSKIN)

Outer Dimensions:  4.1" Diamater (104mm) Inner Dimensions(earhole):  2.82" x 2.1"  (76mm x 52mm)   

Thick angled side:  1.15" (29mm) Thin Angled Side: .8"  (22mm)

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #4,333 of 4,813
  It's on their front page now... nice!

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/mrspeakers-ether-c-v11-closed-back-planar-magnetic-headphone/

Very nice. I love their conclusion:

This ability to play loudly and softly at the same time—always with exemplary resolution, dynamics, delicacy, and finesse—is what sets the ETHER C apart, making it an extremely desirable headphone indeed. ETHER C is not just a great closed-back headphone; it’s a great headphone, period. Stated simply, ETHER C gives you all the music all the time, successfully harvesting all (or very nearly all) of the valuable musical information your recordings have to offer.

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #4,334 of 4,813
  I bought the ZMF cowhide pads for my Ether C. Didn't do any cutting, just strapped them on after taking off the stock pads. 

Can confirm, deepens the sub-bass considerably from stock without affecting the overall signature noticeably, at least for me.

hows the soundstage?

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #4,335 of 4,813
  hows the soundstage?

the cowhide pads technically reduces stage, atleast on the omnis, but the thing is  since the ether c pads are much shallower than the cowhide pads, the extra depth cancels out the material used, so stage is about the same as stock which is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back