MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jul 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #4,351 of 4,813
Most of the time people mean poorly recorded it means overly compressed as most new pop stuff is. There are others also but compression kills the life out of the recording too much that is.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #4,352 of 4,813
I was a teen in the 80's, still love the music more than most of today's pop stuff.  The recording is better than most of the digital stuff of today.  Sounds more natural to me.  Even with the tape hiss or hum or noise, the Ether C picks it all up very clearly and I love it.  Just sounds real.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #4,354 of 4,813
Having never had good headphones, I do not know how bad recordings sound. They may sound fine to me, but it is a risk paying this much and not liking it. Even selling it, I would take a financial hit. The Angies are my first high level and they sound good with all the music I have played through them.

If you like the Angies, I don't think you'll dislike the Ether C.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #4,356 of 4,813
I picked up some Brainwavz Hybrid Memory Foam Earpads during Prime Day for $15. Hard to pass that up. I just put them on my Ether C. It wasn't fun putting them on, but with patience and stretching, they fit. They aren't angled, but they are quite comfortable. I use one black tuning pad with the Ether C stock pads, and I decided not to put any tuning pads in with the Branwavez pads. Well, the hybrid pads work. Isolation is very good. Comfort is increased. Bass is a little less, but not as much as with the velour branwavez. Over all, not bad and some may like the tradeoffs. I'm really bad at discerning stage, but I think it's a little less.

I think I will include my Velour Brainwavz, the hybrids, as well as the cowhide ZMF pads in the pad tour. ZMF shipped the pads today, so I should get them soon.

Again, if you are interested in trying all sort of alternate pads with your Ether C, send me a PM and I will add you to the tour. Your cost is to post impressions of the ZMF pads and to send the pads to the next person on the list.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #4,357 of 4,813
So now Mrspeakers is going to release the Ether C Flow soon..I had just purchased my Ether C less than 2 months ago and now this happens. Dan the incredibly hardworking man yet again makes more improvements to his already world-class headphones. Incredible. Luckily there is an option to upgrade and I will be patiently be waiting for you to take my money
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Just when I thought my journey was going to end, it continues

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #4,358 of 4,813
  So now Mrspeakers is going to release the Ether C Flow soon..I had just purchased my Ether C less than 2 months ago and now this happens. Dan the incredibly hardworking man yet again makes more improvements to his already world-class headphones. Incredible. Luckily there is an option to upgrade and I will be patiently be waiting for you to take my money
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here. Even though I bought mine before release.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #4,359 of 4,813
smily_headphones1.gif

Same although I'll wait for some impressions (an excuse to save up) I might not upgrade if more people report that the highs are even smoother since I find the highs on the 1.1 are spot on but lack 15khz+ to my ears.

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #4,360 of 4,813
upgrade to Ether C Flow? As inevitable as death and taxes for me.

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #4,361 of 4,813
So now Mrspeakers is going to release the Ether C Flow soon..I had just purchased my Ether C less than 2 months ago and now this happens. Dan the incredibly hardworking man yet again makes more improvements to his already world-class headphones. Incredible. Luckily there is an option to upgrade and I will be patiently be waiting for you to take my money :)  

Edit: Just when I thought my journey was going to end, it continues

Same here. I would be interested to see what the new cup looks like=)

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4,363 of 4,813
mmm......at least Mr. Speakers was thoughtful enough to give us the option to upgrade (with new drivers and grills, among others) instead of foreclosing that option and opting the way of Sennheiser with the HD 800 S and Beyerdynamic with the T1 (2. Gen). Similar to what Empire Ears did with the R version for existing Zeus XIV (the original). Saves us a pretty penny. Kudos to Mr. Speakers for taking care of their fan base.

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #4,364 of 4,813
  I'm in the same boat got mine about a month ago. I thought I finished my in depth research and made a "sound" selection and I do love my Ether C....
Upgrade to the Flow is inevitable! 
Resistance is futile!!
Though, would be nice if there was a special upgrade path for purchases made int he last 30-90 days.
cool.gif

There will be -- see the new thread on the Ether "Flow" on the first page of Head-Fi. Dan Clark said the details have not been finalized but there will certain concessions for those who purchased the Ether recently - time period to be determined.  And all existing Ether and Ether C owners will receive a special price for the upgrade.  We'll have more details in due course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back