MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
May 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #7,051 of 9,071
Received Black AD few weeks ago, it came with two dots installed on L&R.   Dot really helps cut out the hurting brightness and makes sound beautiful.  Running it with AK100 MKII  with Schitt LYR with upgrade tubes.   Fantastic sound!!

May 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #7,052 of 9,071
May 15, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #7,053 of 9,071
Got my ADs in the mail today. While I am very impressed with the sound, I'm finding it distorts at a lower volume than I would like. I'm using a FiiO e17 as a DAC only and a Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amp. Does anyone see an issue with this combination?

May 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #7,057 of 9,071
  Their processing time is increasing. It's been almost a month for my set and it is still processing unfortunately.

We'll be filling a ton of orders in the next three working days, and I expect to get to May 1 by the end of next week, maybe sooner.  The paint is fixed, the risers are fixed and we are getting a ton of pads in by Monday.

It's been very frustrating for us to have our process held up by our paint supplier dropping the ball on color matching, after being held up by our metal processor blowing it on the risers, but we've compensated for this by increasing our purchase and inventory quantities to reduce potential supply chain issues in the future.  Thanks again for the patience!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 15, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #7,060 of 9,071

We'll be filling a ton of orders in the next three working days, and I expect to get to May 1 by the end of next week, maybe sooner.  The paint is fixed, the risers are fixed and we are getting a ton of pads in by Monday.

It's been very frustrating for us to have our process held up by our paint supplier dropping the ball on color matching, after being held up by our metal processor blowing it on the risers, but we've compensated for this by increasing our purchase and inventory quantities to reduce potential supply chain issues in the future.  Thanks again for the patience!

Great news, looking forward to getting em. 

May 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #7,061 of 9,071
  Got my ADs in the mail today. While I am very impressed with the sound, I'm finding it distorts at a lower volume than I would like. I'm using a FiiO e17 as a DAC only and a Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amp. Does anyone see an issue with this combination?

I don't have the knowledge to answer your question, but that seems odd. I can play mine slightly louder than my DT880s which are brighter cans. What sounds distorted though? Lows don't distort at high volume but the highs can get  bright if you aren't used to cans that don't have a treble roll off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back