MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Dec 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #8,566 of 9,071
I use my Alpha Dog on my iFi Micro iDSD, sometimes on my Fostex HPA4.....both these dac/amp combos do not have any problem driving the AD to insanely loud volume. I'm listening to Enya via the iFi Micro iDSD at volume knob is just past 9 o'clock point, with the iDSD set to 'Normal' power output.

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #8,567 of 9,071
I use my Alpha Dog on my iFi Micro iDSD, sometimes on my Fostex HPA4.....both these dac/amp combos do not have any problem driving the AD to insanely loud volume. I'm listening to Enya via the iFi Micro iDSD at volume knob is just past 9 o'clock point, with the iDSD set to 'Normal' power output.

The micro is a great amp but too much money for me! :frowning2:

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #8,568 of 9,071
Presently my best portable setup is the Iphone 6 plus stacked to the ifi idsd Micro with any headphone or iem that I decide to use with it...   I have loaded the iphone 6 with FLAC rips and setup the Tidal HiFi Stream of FLAC...    this setup drives the Alpha Primes to all their glory with plenty of impact...  I can't imagine any portable setup could sound any better than this ...   and when at the house it drives the Woo Audio amps for that tube signature.  
gs1000.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #8,569 of 9,071
Presently my best portable setup is the Iphone 6 plus stacked to the ifi idsd Micro with any headphone or iem that I decide to use with it...   I have loaded the iphone 6 with FLAC rips and setup the Tidal HiFi Stream of FLAC...    this setup drives the Alpha Primes to all their glory with plenty of impact...  I can't imagine any portable setup could sound any better than this ...   and when at the house it drives the Woo Audio amps for that tube signature.  
gs1000.gif

awesome to hear!! the iFi DSD Micro has been on my mind for a long time. It's the first thing I'm going to buy in order to make my Alpha Dogs portable for a change. I have to sit at my desk to listen, I'd rather sit in the backyard or wherever I feel

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #8,570 of 9,071

Just got them today so the placebo is still strong. Great compliment to my 400i though! :) Merry Christmas!

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #8,571 of 9,071

Brand new owner as of today. Astounded at the width of the soundstage and the reality and presence of the upper mids. The Mad Dog was my first real headphone, unless you count the Momentum on ear. I've wanted the Alphas from the beginning but, somehow, never got them. Well, I've finally made that right. Listening to Chris Clark on Dan Clark. Nice pairing. Dan has a beautiful. I'm privileged to be a part of the club. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #8,572 of 9,071

Brand new owner as of today. Astounded at the width of the soundstage and the reality and presence of the upper mids. The Mad Dog was my first real headphone, unless you count the Momentum on ear. I've wanted the Alphas from the beginning but, somehow, never got them. Well, I've finally made that right. Listening to Chris Clark on Dan Clark. Nice pairing. Dan has a beautiful. I'm privileged to be a part of the club. 

I really like your headphone collection. I will be awaiting anxiously for a planar magnetic round-up and comparison
wink_face.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #8,575 of 9,071
  Just thought I'd share one of our testing tracks with y'all. Enjoy! 
https://soundcloud.com/auditory-canvas/auditory-canvas-shawni-solace

Just listened on my Alpha Dogs. Very, very nice track. Nice texture low down. Thanks for the recommendation! I've a new artist to follow.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #8,576 of 9,071
Dec 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #8,578 of 9,071
  Just thought I'd share one of our testing tracks with y'all. Enjoy! 
https://soundcloud.com/auditory-canvas/auditory-canvas-shawni-solace

Peter, 
I was at the So Cal meet earlier in the year and Dan played a song for me, something about horses or some such, any idea the name and artist for this track? I know I didn't give much to go on, hoping you know what I am talking about.

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #8,579 of 9,071
  Peter, 
I was at the So Cal meet earlier in the year and Dan played a song for me, something about horses or some such, any idea the name and artist for this track? I know I didn't give much to go on, hoping you know what I am talking about.

Hi...  Not sure if Peter knows, but I do.  
tongue_smile.gif

It's Rob Wasserman's Trilogy (the Duets album), "Ballad of the Runaway Horse" with Jennifer Warnes.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 31, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #8,580 of 9,071

Hi...  Not sure if Peter knows, but I do.  
tongue_smile.gif

It's Rob Wasserman's Trilogy (the Duets album), "Ballad of the Runaway Horse" with Jennifer Warnes.  

Ah that was it!!! Thanks Dan! I have been trying to remember that song since I left the meet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back