MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Feb 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #5,851 of 9,071
USPS is doing this a lot right now, probably 5% or more of our shipments hit this and then nothing for 5-10 days. They usually show up the day you give up. I spent 2.5 hours on hold trying to track a lost package and never got anyone to answer. Until November USPS was incredibly reliable but I think the budget cuts are really starting to hit them.

It's a sh a me because they have been great, until man we had not lost a single package in almost two years.

"and then nothing for 5-10 days"
This is not very reassuring. I want my Alpha Dog it's so loooong to wait
frown.gif

What do you mean by "They usually show up the day you give up." ? (I'm french you know :wink:
For what I understand, in this case I am willing to give up now :)

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #5,852 of 9,071

"and then nothing for 5-10 days"
This is not very reassuring. I want my Alpha Dog it's so loooong to wait
frown.gif

What do you mean by "They usually show up the day you give up." ? (I'm french you know :wink:
For what I understand, in this case I am willing to give up now :)

Thankfully it's still the exception, but it is frustrating to go through it.  Merci, monsieur, pour votre enterprise (oui, je parle un peu de Francais).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,853 of 9,071
  I have absolute HAD IT with the USPS.  For the first two years they were great, but we've had almost a dozen packages that were two weeks late without explanation and no tracking updates and two lost packages (fortunately cables) in just the last month or so.  USPS doesn't answer the phone anymore, either.   I was on hold for 2.5 hours today before I simply had to hang up.   I wanted to use USPS, but it is becoming untenable.

We're going to turn on Fedex this week and we've got good rates.  It's not yet clear if the notifications for the system will be more reliable, but I have verified the integration is working to get accurate shipping rates so we're getting closer.

For notifications, we use PayPal for all our payment processing and shipping, but the problem is if you register at www.mrspeakers.com with an email that is not in use at PayPal they won't send a shipping notice.  If you use a credit card and an email registered with PayPal they do send a notice.  I call that a bug, they say it's a feature, and that it won't be changed.  This may not change when we add Fedex, this is something we're working on.

I support this move fully.  I didn't complain before but figured I'd give you another data point after reading the last couple of pages.  USPS totally mishandled my AD delivery as well.  I sat around the house all day Saturday because tracking showed "out for delivery" at 8:00 am.  At 6:00 p.m. tracking changed to "available for pickup at your local post office," which entry was backdated/time stamped 3:00 p.m.  Of course, that office is closed Sunday.  I went to the post office first thing on Monday, and after searching in the back, USPS indicated that they couldn't locate my package, or any record of what happened to it.  I was instructed to "wait a day or two."  It was ultimately delivered late Monday afternoon.  I plan to avoid USPS and to pay extra to use private carriers at every opportunity going forward.  

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #5,854 of 9,071

Thankfully it's still the exception, but it is frustrating to go through it.  Merci, monsieur, pour votre enterprise (oui, je parle un peu de Francais).

Merci monsieur too :wink: Well, that's great. I suggest that from now on you're writing in French. (But I do not know if other headHifiers will agree?) 
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #5,856 of 9,071
  Moi ça me va.

C'est parfait !
Bon, les gars, nous avons gagné. Je crois maintenant que nous avons l'unanimité. Je vous annonce que désormais MrSpeakers écrira en français. Ou pas. :wink:

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #5,857 of 9,071
  C'est parfait !
Bon, les gars, nous avons gagné. Je crois maintenant que nous avons l'unanimité. Je vous annonce que désormais MrSpeakers écrira en français. Ou pas. :wink:

J'écrivons seulement un petite peu en Francais, et j'avais oublié tous les tense des verbes.  Mais c'est OT, alors... 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,858 of 9,071

J'écrivons seulement un petite peu en Francais, et j'avais oublié tous les tense des verbes.  Mais c'est OT, alors... 

OK For French:  Je crois que je vais finalement plonger pour un AlphaDOG plutot que un SignaturePRO ! meilleure isolation, meilleur SQ...pour moins cher !  qu'en pensez vous ?

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #5,859 of 9,071
  OK For French:  Je crois que je vais finalement plonger pour un AlphaDOG plutot que un SignaturePRO ! meilleure isolation, meilleur SQ...pour moins cher !  qu'en pensez vous ?

I think MOT prevents me from saying anything in relation to other products, so our French-speaking brethren (or anyone else) should answer.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #5,862 of 9,071
Well, the thread has taken quite the turn. My German is a bit rusty and my French is nonexistent, so I'll just sit back until we return to normal.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #5,863 of 9,071
http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/Gallery/Detail/951026a9-b345-4497-abc5-198dc38844de

We're just a couple votes away from 800.  Only a few days left of voting, and you can vote once a day.  Hope I'm forgiven for being a shill for this but I think we have a shot, and if we can break 1000 a very good shot.  Thanks for everyone who has supported us, and to Jude for kindly placing this on the home page, twice!

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #5,864 of 9,071
  http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/Gallery/Detail/951026a9-b345-4497-abc5-198dc38844de

We're just a couple votes away from 800.  Only a few days left of voting, and you can vote once a day.  Hope I'm forgiven for being a shill for this but I think we have a shot, and if we can break 1000 a very good shot.  Thanks for everyone who has supported us, and to Jude for kindly placing this on the home page, twice!

Good luck with that Dan.
Voted twice already.

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #5,865 of 9,071

I voted  again today based on the fact that Dan was kind enough to sell me one Alpha pad...............twice
wink.gif

(thanks again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back