MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2,386 of 9,071
I find the two above opinions of bass for the AD to be different experiences. That is interesting. Im pretty sure the he-400 bass bests the Mad dog
It's cause Matt tcg is still full of hype, making him think that the AD is this perfect better than everything headphone in every part of the spectrum even though it's ALL subjective.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #2,387 of 9,071
One thing that I would like to request is when people do the reviews of Alpha Dog, if possible please write some lines about what kinds of music that Alpha Dogs sound good to best with like pop, trance, classical, etc... or some songs to demonstrate because it's help me and others a lot. Thanks.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #2,388 of 9,071
  One thing that I would like to request is when people do the reviews of Alpha Dog, if possible please write some lines about what kinds of music that Alpha Dogs sound good to best with like pop, trance, classical, etc... or some songs to demonstrate because it's help me and others a lot. Thanks.

+1 

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2,389 of 9,071

+1 

Are you by any chance in Seattle?
Both Miceblue and I will get the tour pair in a few weeks if you wanted to listen to it or at least hear some local impressions. 
L3000.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #2,390 of 9,071
It's cause Matt tcg is still full of hype, making him think that the AD is this perfect better than everything headphone in every part of the spectrum even though it's ALL subjective.

Yeahhhh...

Sorry Matt, you're a good guy and all, but I can't take your word for it when it comes to AD just because you've been hyping it so much. No hard feelings 'k?

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #2,391 of 9,071

+1 
+2

Quote:

+1 

Both Miceblue and I will get the tour pair in a few weeks if you wanted to listen to it or at least hear some local impressions. 
L3000.gif

+3

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #2,392 of 9,071
  Sorry guys for the delay on the review. I did have some problems getting a good fit/clamp with the AD and was not getting the sub bass that I was expecting. Thank you kindly to Dan for the phenomenal support and help working through the issue. 

I've spent a few hours listening today. Let me say this, the bass has exceeded my expectations. Deep, with texture and weight. Can it hang with he400 bass? You betcha. 
wink_face.gif

More to come...

Personally, the he400's bass isn't too surprising to me.  He400 sounds a little thin for me all across the board with the Asgard 2/Bifrost Uber vs Mad Dog 3.2.  I prefer the he500's bass a little more but still a little thin.  However, is huge successor from the he400.  

Thanks for taking the time to review them Matt.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #2,393 of 9,071
keep in mind that gelocks said he was comparing the AD to the MD 3.0... which supposedly has less bass than the 3.2. 

I have had the mad dogs with the dog pads and the only difference is the pads. Though the pads help the bass a bit... the 2.0 is as shy as I can go. I definitely want to hear impressions with the bass screw adjusted. 

At this point I have decided on the he-500 for my next hp to buy on monday but I still need a closed one that doesn't leak a whole lot then Mad lust said it leaks a whole lot...

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #2,394 of 9,071
Both Miceblue and I will get the tour pair in a few weeks if you wanted to listen to it or at least hear some local impressions. :L3000:
I do live near Seattle! I'll pm you!

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #2,395 of 9,071
  keep in mind that gelocks said he was comparing the AD to the MD 3.0... which supposedly has less bass than the 3.2. 

I have had the mad dogs with the dog pads and the only difference is the pads. Though the pads help the bass a bit... the 2.0 is as shy as I can go. I definitely want to hear impressions with the bass screw adjusted. 

At this point I have decided on the he-500 for my next hp to buy on monday but I still need a closed one that doesn't leak a whole lot then Mad lust said it leaks a whole lot...

Good choice on the he500 as a next purchase.  Mids and highs are well tuned but bass is a little thin.  But no biggy...  With the right tubes, it'll fix ALMOST everything to your taste 
wink_face.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #2,396 of 9,071

Yeah, it does leak a lot, but I mean, should be expected from an ortho open headphone. I do believe however that the he-500 choice was a great one. Like the previous comment, the bass might seem thin, but that was my experience with poor amping. When amped well, I think that the bass is very balanced, while still maybe a little too thin. Of course it is all subjective. The detail and sub bass is very nice on the he-500 though. Let me know what you think of it in a pm, will ya? I also really recommend the jergpad mod and the grill mod if you don't need the dust protection or have time for some DIY.

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2,397 of 9,071
Good choice on the he500 as a next purchase.  Mids and highs are well tuned but bass is a little thin.  But no biggy...  With the right tubes, it'll fix ALMOST everything to your taste :wink_face:

Bass thin on he500? Wow, there's thicker one? Just don't tell me LCD. :) back to AD before we sidetrack too far.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #2,399 of 9,071
From I have gathered I don't think the Alpha dogs are for me, But i'd have to try them. The mad dog 3.2 for me are so special because they make the music come alive. The bass is so yummy and big and just right! The rest is balanced but with that fun and emotional factor. For me it reminds me of the old Denon line that same juicy sound but a bit more balanced. The alpha dog from what I am gathering is seeming like it's more suited for studio use than something to pull you into the music like the mad  dog. Am I wrong? haha this is just what it seems like from some impression form some peoples comments but obviously my ears will have to be the judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back