MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,291 of 2,583

I have used both clear and afo. But his evaluations about ERGONOMICS/COMFORT is somewhat hard to believe. To me, clear is way more uncomfortable than afo with heavier weight (500g vs 325g) as well as clamping force, and headband design. I know he tries hard to be objective about sound, but I am not sure whether he is objective enough when it comes to comfort/ergonomics. I can't comment on lcd2c's comfort.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #1,292 of 2,583
Where in Australia do you live? If you're in Sydney, Minidisc is a good place to demo headphones. Other cities may have similar, but not as familiar. Unfortunately I'm not sure if Australia has any stock yet... when I checked last week Minidisc told me stock hadn't arrived in the country.
Im in Melbourne, Addicted to Audio have both the Aeon and Lcd2-C as well as the Hifiman Sundara and many more . But its nearly a 1 hour and 30 min drive from where I live.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,298 of 2,583
Could you guys give some recommendations for both a DAC and a amp for around $1000 total that would suit the AFO? I currently have an Asgard 2 and a Modi 2 Uber and I'm looking to upgrade
Save your money.

Go for Eitr/Modi MB/Vali 2 with an Amperex 6DJ8 tube and thank me later.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,300 of 2,583
If you want to go the Schiit route, Lyr2 and Bifrost MB would be a little over your $1000 budget.
Or instead of the Bifrost, get the Modi Multibi with Lyr2. It’ll be about $750 out the door. Leaves room for some nice tubes. You’re set.
Any one of the above 3 will be the Schiit. Seriously, leave some cash aside for some
Tubes. Makes a difference.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,303 of 2,583
Or instead of the Bifrost, get the Modi Multibi with Lyr2. It’ll be about $750 out the door. Leaves room for some nice tubes. You’re set.
Any one of the above 3 will be the Schiit. Seriously, leave some cash aside for some
Tubes. Makes a difference.
That might be a better option if there is no money left over after buying a dac and amp. You can get some quite good 2C51 variants for not too much money.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #1,304 of 2,583
Also, as I've said before, you may want to wait til March before any big purchasing decisions.

Rumor of an affordable amp that jives well with planars and Dynamics have been floating around for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back