MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,471 of 2,583
Feb 19, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,473 of 2,583
I back to the one notch filter. To my ears the black filter unbearable because the bass lose too much weight (source: Mojo).

I’m within the burn in, yet.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,474 of 2,583
Feb 20, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #1,476 of 2,583
I'll get to compare the Aeon open, Clear and the LCD2C later this week so I'll make sure to post impressions here.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,477 of 2,583
I'll get to compare the Aeon open, Clear and the LCD2C later this week so I'll make sure to post impressions here.
I'll be looking forward to read the comparison with the clear. Would you be so kind to include classical music? Perhaps some orchestral works from the London orchestra like the Canon in D by Pachebel?

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,478 of 2,583
Hi,

don't know how I scratched the metal bands behind the earpads (as the photo below):

http://i65.tinypic.com/t4wao5.jpg

The HP is only 5 days brand new so I am angry even if it's a very little scratch. The scratch is silver over black. I guess the metal bands are born silver (metal) and then painted black.

Do you know how I can cover that silver point (the scratch)? Some colour of a particular type? Uniposca or else?

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,479 of 2,583
The headphone is powder coated and the finish is pretty tough but you can scratch it more easily than anodizing (anodizing can't be done on AEON due to fabrication process and cost).

If you do scratch it its quite easy to fix: uni-paint pens are cheap and very effective at covering minor issues. Don't use Sharpie, it turns purple.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 20, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #1,480 of 2,583
If you do scratch it its quite easy to fix: uni-paint pens are cheap and very effective at covering minor issues.

My scratch is very very small but strangely very noticeable, please confirm: “uni-ball Permanent-Marker PAINT (PX-21)”.

I never known uni-paint but only uni-posca.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,481 of 2,583
My scratch is very very small but strangely very noticeable, please confirm: “uni-ball Permanent-Marker PAINT (PX-21)”.

I never known uni-paint but only uni-posca.

Yes, that's it. The PX-20 is another option, with a fatter tip.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,482 of 2,583
I agree with you about the Bluetooth receiver, I'd be willing to pay good money if somehow it includes the amplifier needed to drive headphones like the AFO

There are a number of bluetooth option out there. Will they pair well with the Aeon? Cannot say for sure, but the Aeon is not terribly difficult to drive. Bluetooth would not be used for critical listening anyway, so I would not expect it compete with a wired dac-amp. Right now, I am listening to the Aeon open with a device called the Bluewave Get. It's a tiny thing, but I am getting surprising full sound and it will play louder than I care to listen without breaking up.

Other options would include the already mentioned Astell and Kern; the Centrance BluDac; the soon-to-be-released Mytek Clef; and Fiio has something as well.

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #1,483 of 2,583
There are a number of bluetooth option out there. Will they pair well with the Aeon? Cannot say for sure, but the Aeon is not terribly difficult to drive. Bluetooth would not be used for critical listening anyway, so I would not expect it compete with a wired dac-amp. Right now, I am listening to the Aeon open with a device called the Bluewave Get. It's a tiny thing, but I am getting surprising full sound and it will play louder than I care to listen without breaking up.

Other options would include the already mentioned Astell and Kern; the Centrance BluDac; the soon-to-be-released Mytek Clef; and Fiio has something as well.

One day, I tested mac pro-Apple Music-Hugo using its aptX technology (needs little work to apply aptX to macpro). Technically, there should be no issue transfering 256k aac files via the aptX connection. But it sounded wonky. Huge disappointment.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,484 of 2,583
In general one can say the better the playback chain the more obvious artifacts become. I don't know if that was your "wonky," or something else but...

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,485 of 2,583
I've switched back to the black pads they do seem to tame the bass a little, for me the AFO's without any pad is too bass heavy, maybe just me I listen mostly to smooth jazz. But I will say these hp's are really nice in their sq..enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back