MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #1,441 of 2,583
I was referring to adequate isolation for use on a train, hence the emphasis. Isolation is adequate for low to moderate levels of background noise, but not for public transport. I find a well fitted iem much more isolating.

The only place open-back cans can be used outside is on an airplane. :smile_phones:
Anyway, it would be great if someone makes a bluetooth receiver for an openback. That person will definitely take my money.

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #1,442 of 2,583
I agree with you about the Bluetooth receiver, I'd be willing to pay good money if somehow it includes the amplifier needed to drive headphones like the AFO

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,443 of 2,583
I agree with you about the Bluetooth receiver, I'd be willing to pay good money if somehow it includes the amplifier needed to drive headphones like the AFO

You should add two amplifiers in both earpads it seem impossible.

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #1,444 of 2,583
That's why I said I'm willing to pay for it and despite challenges, I hope someday it becomes real. Perhaps @mrspeakers Dan Clark can enlighten us about the challenges of such a product, or if it's a thing about market demand

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #1,445 of 2,583
I got the Aeon Flow Open a few days ago, and happy to join this club! :)
These headphones are amazing! The sound is just right; not too bright, not too warm. The bass is deep and high quality, the treble is extra smooth, and the mid-range is very inviting. Love the design too! I'm using these for music, TV shows, and movies. They work very well with everything.

I do have a small issue though. The left ear pad appears to be bulging and slightly larger than the right ear pad. The leather of the left ear pad is also a bit loose, compared to the right ear pad. See photos. This creates a slightly different seal on the left ear, and thus, slightly different sound on the left side (a little more thicker sound). I sent MrSpeakers an email at info@mrspeakers.com and attached some photos. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. I'm hoping they can send me replacement pads (I can send back the current pads), so I don't have to send in the headphones for repair.

Aeon Flow Open - 1_resize.JPG Aeon Flow Open - 2_resize.JPG Aeon Flow Open - 3_resize.JPG Aeon Flow Open - 4_resize.JPG

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,446 of 2,583
I agree with @onevstheworld, they are not suitable for outside use. One think I do think is that it is exceptional for carrying around the house.

Now that we talk about mobility, I have a big question for Dan Clark, @mrspeakers, is it possible for you to develop a bluetooth receiver that connect to your headphones? I know sound quality would suffer, but man, sometimes I’m lying in bed listening or walking around the house and I say, I want this to be bluetooth. As a background, Shure did something similar with their IEM line and they sell an BT cable that works amazing with their SE series. I know power requirements are different, but that’s why I ask

I agree with @onevstheworld, they are not suitable for outside use. One think I do think is that it is exceptional for carrying around the house.

Now that we talk about mobility, I have a big question for Dan Clark, @mrspeakers, is it possible for you to develop a bluetooth receiver that connect to your headphones? I know sound quality would suffer, but man, sometimes I’m lying in bed listening or walking around the house and I say, I want this to be bluetooth. As a background, Shure did something similar with their IEM line and they sell an BT cable that works amazing with their SE series. I know power requirements are different, but that’s why I ask
not sure if this will intetest you....

httpss://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/shop/features.asp?mcg=CG110090&mpos=3&scg=CG210420&spos=3&tcg=&tpos=0&gcode=SC12520

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #1,447 of 2,583
These headphones are amazing! The sound is just right; not too bright, not too warm.

That's why I marry them and sold my previous headphones (HD 650, NightHawks). Sound apart, the wonderful and confortable shape factor also plays a big role to me. Can't see myself back, with the ache on the jaws caused by the HD 650 or with the "head over pillow issues" caused by the Nighthawks.

I do have a small issue though. The left ear pad appears to be bulging and slightly larger than the right ear pad.

I see a (famous) review video with the same issue, and that's why when I received my AEON I crossed my fingers. I guess that this happen because the headphone is made by hand so it could happen. The support is good, luckily, MrSpeakers follow this thread and gave me some advices in the previous days.

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #1,448 of 2,583
That's why I marry them and sold my previous headphones (HD 650, NightHawks). Sound apart, the wonderful and confortable shape factor also plays a big role to me. Can't see myself back, with the ache on the jaws caused by the HD 650 or with the "head over pillow issues" caused by the Nighthawks.

I used to have the NightHawks and HD600. The NightHawks were too warm for me, and the HD600 had too much clamping force. I agree that comfort is very important for a pair of headphones.

I see a (famous) review video with the same issue, and that's why when I received my AEON I crossed my fingers. I guess that this happen because the headphone is made by hand so it could happen. The support is good, luckily, MrSpeakers follow this thread and gave me some advices in the previous days.

That's great to know! I started reading this impressions thread from the beginning, and did notice MrSpeakers follow and comment on this thread. It's nice that a manufacturer do this.

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,451 of 2,583
they sent me a new pair of pads free of charge.

it’s been easy for you to replace?

What filter you AFO users use and why?

After how many hours of burn in did you feel the AFO to change its sound?

Feb 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #1,453 of 2,583
You peel the old ones off. Take the cover off the tape on the new ones and stick them on, I don't use any filters. Lost detail with them on. Around 100 they were fully burned in for me.
I agree about the filters. I am in my 60s and treble sensitivity is certainly not a problem for me. I like the detail with no filters. The 100 hours for burn in is a good one. I kept it going beyond that but didn't hear any further changes.

Feb 18, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,454 of 2,583
I agree about the filters. I am in my 60s and treble sensitivity is certainly not a problem for me. I like the detail with no filters. The 100 hours for burn in is a good one. I kept it going beyond that but didn't hear any further changes.
Ran them about 400 hours straight burning in new tubes I got. Agree with not hearing any changes past 100.

Feb 18, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #1,455 of 2,583
I think it takes less than 100 hours. I recall that from 80 it has settled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back