MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #1,081 of 2,583
Please let us know how it pairs with your WA22 and hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Well I've gotten my Aeon open's today, first off these hp's are incredible comfortable I really enjoy the way their designed the look and feel are very nice. I'm currently using the black insert for minimum damping, in time I'll listen to all 3 pads. I've only been listening for about 2 hours so I'll need lots more time but I'll say this I do love their sq I can see why Tyll @ innerfidelity enjoys them so much. One thing I did notice these hp's are nearly as hard to drive as my 560's they sound best at the 11 o'clock position on my amp my 560's are around the 12 o'clock position. Of course I don't have a balanced cable as of yet. Very nice hp's and well worth their price..enjoy

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #1,082 of 2,583
Yes. The DUM cable adds a bit of clarity and dimension to the sound, especially on higher-end gear. I wouldn't invest in more expensive cabling unless your DAC/Amp are of high-enough quality that you want to extract all the nuances... Otherwise, use your money for a better amp or DAC.

So then; chord mojo, ifi idsd black or schitt jot with dac.. Which would you recommend? They are all around 500.

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,084 of 2,583
I've been listening to my pair over the last few days and love them. What's really blowing me away is how great they sound even at a pretty low volume. I don't feel like I'm missing any of the music, of course I still crank them on favorite tracks here and there. :L3000:

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #1,085 of 2,583
Has anyone come across a creaking sound when shifting the headphone around? It's only happening with the right ear cup, but even slightly shifting my head around will create a small creak noise which is driving me nuts.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #1,086 of 2,583
Has anyone come across a creaking sound when shifting the headphone around? It's only happening with the right ear cup, but even slightly shifting my head around will create a small creak noise which is driving me nuts.

That shouldn't happen, email info@mrspeakers.com or call 619-501-6313 and we'll sort it out. It's likely one of two things, a little noise in the gimbal/cup interface, or mechanical noise from the cable/plug interface.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,087 of 2,583
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #1,088 of 2,583
Well I can say that I've had my Aeon's for only 3 days and couldn't be happier their sq is simply great..enjoy

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #1,089 of 2,583
I have had the AFO's for a couple of months and am impressed every time I use them. I just saw their review on Audio Bacon and enjoyed the section about the AFO paired with a Danacable. That is what I have been using, with a Hugo 2, and it really scales up the AFO. I use them at work in a quiet office setting so this wouldn't be for everyone.

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #1,092 of 2,583
I've just found out that my AFO cable is reversed in the cable (red is left instead of right)
Kind of limited version cable? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How did you just find out? :ksc75smile:

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #1,093 of 2,583
I've just found out that my AFO cable is reversed in the cable (red is left instead of right)
Kind of limited version cable? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We had a few early on that were this way, contact us at info@mrspeakers.com to exchange if you'd like. Or consider it a premium collectors edition!

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,094 of 2,583
So then; chord mojo, ifi idsd black or schitt jot with dac.. Which would you recommend? They are all around 500.

You're putting him in a tough spot. He probably has good relationships with all three companies and wouldn't want to say anything bad about any of them. Better to ask people who have heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back