MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #316 of 2,583
Hallelujah!!!!!
It seems that the closed version is finally landed in China (for the open one I guess that we need to wait for a while).
I have just booked a listening session this Saturday in Shanghai.
Honestly....... I can't wait to try those cans. I am tired to read you guys and start drooling when I read about how good those cans are.......

:beyersmile:

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #317 of 2,583
I will be at the Guonzhou headphone show this weekend if anyone wants to say hello!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 3, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #318 of 2,583
I will be at the Guonzhou headphone show this weekend if anyone wants to say hello!

I wish I had the time to fly to Guangzhou, but this time I cannot attend the event.
It would had been nice to have the chance to test both versions of the AEON.
I hope that the open version will arrive in the market soon as well.
By the way, let me know if you have any plan to visit Shanghai.
We may have the opportunity to meet here.

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #320 of 2,583
Hi guys, Could anyone measure the depth of the Aeon earpads for me? I am trying to gauge whether my ear will make contact with the driver or not. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #321 of 2,583
Is it just me or does the irregular sizing of the cells on the grills give anyone else mild trypophobia? Would much prefer even hole sizing, these headphones distress me.

No, but I believe Dan mentioned that the irregularities are intentional and sonically beneficial as well. They actually have to do with the tuning of the headphone, if I remember correctly.

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #322 of 2,583
Personally, I found that I MUCH prefer my Ether C Flows. The Aeon projects a lot of its clamping force on my lower jawbone and there's just something about the treble quality of the upper-mids that I can't get along with. Exceptional build quality and engineering though - VERY admirable at this price point. However, a replacement for the Ether it is not - IMHO.

Nov 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #323 of 2,583
Personally, I found that I MUCH prefer my Ether C Flows. The Aeon projects a lot of its clamping force on my lower jawbone and there's just something about the treble quality of the upper-mids that I can't get along with. Exceptional build quality and engineering though - VERY admirable at this price point. However, a replacement for the Ether it is not - IMHO.

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be (a replacement). I just think that the strengths of each will garner their own audience...some may prefer one over the other. I actually did prefer the AFC to the EFC in the demo's I've done, But each clearly has their own strengths as well. I haven't gotten the chance to hear either open yet. Dan does know a thing or two about tuning headphones, I'll say that..

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #324 of 2,583

I am in my 50 hours mark with AFO. Since I possess AFO, I have not touched my ECF. In terms of sound signature, AFO is somewhere between open and closed. It maintains some strength of closed cans (vocal is very intimate), while it sounds more detailed and resolving than ECF. As tradeoff, AFO gives less airy feeling and a narrower sound stage compared to HD800S.

Nov 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #325 of 2,583
I continue to love these. In a fit of GAS I ordered a pair of Senn HD660s but they're going back - no contest for my ears and listening predilections. AFO wins. Pairs quite well with a Mojo with Tidal out of an iPhone.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #330 of 2,583
Based on your experience, which mid price amp would you suggest for the AEON?

I'll be trying them with a Schiit Lyr 2 and Mjolnir 2 next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back