Mr Speakers Voce Electrostatic headphone thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #91 of 404
Just got a fantastic review in Positive Feedback... They're keeping VOCE and the Blue Hawaii as their new reference headphone rig.

"If this is the sort of transformational experience that you're looking for with headphones, then hear me: You mustinvestigate the union of the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii and the MrSpeakers VOCE Electrostatic Headphones."

https://positive-feedback.com/audio...amp-mrspeakers-voce-electrostatic-headphones/

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 28, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #92 of 404
"If this is the sort of transformational experience that you're looking for with headphones, then hear me: You mustinvestigate the union of the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii and the MrSpeakers VOCE Electrostatic Headphones."​

This might sound hyperbolic, but I have to agree. I own some TOTL headphones and have been able to audition many of them in the price range of the Voce, but listening to the Voce with the blue hawaii amp was indeed "transformative". I can't stop thinking about it.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #93 of 404
Just got a fantastic review in Positive Feedback... They're keeping VOCE and the Blue Hawaii as their new reference headphone rig.

"If this is the sort of transformational experience that you're looking for with headphones, then hear me: You mustinvestigate the union of the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii and the MrSpeakers VOCE Electrostatic Headphones."

https://positive-feedback.com/audio...amp-mrspeakers-voce-electrostatic-headphones/
Listening to the Voce with a very soon to be released electrostatic amplifier by Linear Tube Audio and the sound is superb, some of the best I have heard! The Voce are very even from bass to high frequencies and deliver on voice so well, they bring you into the music.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #94 of 404
Listening to the Voce with a very soon to be released electrostatic amplifier by Linear Tube Audio and the sound is superb, some of the best I have heard! The Voce are very even from bass to high frequencies and deliver on voice so well, they bring you into the music.

Isn't that new LTA amp gorgeous? A great addition to the market, and it drivers regular headphones, planar and dynamic, as well as small speakers. It's quite stellar, I hope they do very well with it.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #95 of 404
The Phoenix, AZ show Sat. before last. Great people and music. People really enjoyed the Voce and the Voce in combination with the new Linear Tube Audio Z10e electrostatic tube electrostatic amplifier was listened to over and over. Great sound!

DSC09828.jpgDSC09833.jpgDSC09856.jpgDSC09864.jpgDSC09886.jpgDSC09908.jpgDSC09922.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #97 of 404
Wow, nice turnout! Looks like a great meet!
It was a lot of fun, some great people and not noisy so people got some quality listening in.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #98 of 404
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #99 of 404
Apr 17, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #101 of 404
Apr 17, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #102 of 404
then definitely the Stax amp 007tii is not a good match with voce

I don't agree, we had a lot of people using that pairing at the Axpona show and nobody complained about volume. It depends on how loud you listen... The 007tii won't crank big bass at 110dB, but if you are listening to moderate/safe levels it seems to do fine. I'd call this a YMMV amp, and if you don't require a lot of loud, it's a relatively affordable pairing...

Last edited:

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #103 of 404
then definitely the stax amp 007tii is not a good match with voce

I don't know about that. If you use 50% volume range on 007mk2, you will probably need 60% on VOCE to reach the same sound pressure.

Normally, I would like to bypass the amp volume knob. To the volume knob on the amp to the maximum, use preamp or dac to precisely control the volume.

Is it a good match or not? I cannot tell. Your ears will tell.

Happy listening

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #104 of 404
I don't agree, we had a lot of people using that pairing at the Axpona show and nobody complained about volume. It depends on how loud you listen... The 007tii won't crank big bass at 110dB, but if you are listening to moderate/safe levels it seems to do fine. I'd call this a YMMV amp, and if you don't require a lot of loud, it's a relatively affordable pairing...
thanks for the answer, I usually listen at moderate volume, thanks for letting me know

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #105 of 404
I don't know about that. If you use 50% volume range on 007mk2, you will probably need 60% on VOCE to reach the same sound pressure.

Normally, I would like to bypass the amp volume knob. To the volume knob on the amp to the maximum, use preamp or dac to precisely control the volume.

Is it a good match or not? I cannot tell. Your ears will tell.

Happy listening

so with hugo2 as dac how would I do what u suggest, are u suggesting I set the volume of stax amp to max, and use the hugo2 not as line out, and instead use the volume control of hugo2, never thought of this, and what is the benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back