mp3 player 10 yr anniversary - your first??
Apr 4, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #31 of 135
My first...a RioVolt:

51AKERBP4PL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #32 of 135
My first true MP3 player was a RaveMP2100. Got it for free with $50 worth of MP3s from eMusic.com. Got my second, a Creative Nomad II, the same way. I think I had a Riovolt SP100 before these, but really considered it a cd player with MP3 capabilities. Still have them all!
Those were the days, when you could actually get things for free on the web. I remember getting 2 pairs of Asics cross trainers for free when WebMD.com started up!

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 135
wow, i thought i started late. i had ipod 4g for a few months in 2004, then sold it and eventually bought (to keep with my md slant) sony mz-rh10 (you know, the one with the d-class amp that sounded well, sony).

now i have ipod touch but ive had many many of differing companies in the meantime

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #38 of 135
Rio500 in 2001. I even had it pimped out in a leather case.This was said to be the best mp3 player for a long time. Especially since the Rios that followed were so crappy in design and used proprietary battery packs and such. I actually had to extract the last update from the windows exe with a hex editor to update mine on the mac which turned out to be really simple. It was the same as the mac updates only with a bunch of code attached. I did it while waiting for a reply from their tech support about when they were going to release a mac version. They said they wouldnt be able to do it...
frown.gif
So I released the file into the wild and I still get emails about it.
smily_headphones1.gif
But I gave it to a friend who thought he could hack as much memory into it as he wanted. He wouldnt listen to me about firmware limitations and I dont think he ever did anything with it.

Oops sorry for so much info.

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #39 of 135
My first MP3 player was a Creative Muvo something or other. It was a USB stick where the stick fitted inside a small case. The case had the controls on it. It took one AAA battery. I think this was about 2001 or 2? I had an MD player in the late 1990s sometime and a couple of Sony Walkmans back in the 70s and 80s.
frown.gif

cheers
Simon

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #42 of 135
Mpman F20, it was the next version of F10. It was 1999.

IRCC it cost 600,000won, which was about 500$ in USD.

The sound was truly amazing, at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back