rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. already a thread on this.

Dude, this forum has 228,763 threads.
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 66
Oh sweet, thank you for having the disappointing super.fi 5 Pro as a choice.
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. already a thread on this.

No poll though.
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #7 of 66
Didn't vote for the Bose because "overrated" supposes that a headphone is rated well in the first place. From all I gather here at the headphone site, the Triport was never well regarded to begin with. How can it be overrated when everyone hates it?

I voted for the Sennheiser PX-100 instead. People seen to like them, but I was underwhelmed. Not bad, but not that great, either.

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #8 of 66
Yeah IMO the iBuds and Triports are really worthless options; they'd have been much better replaced by something like V-Moda Vibes, AKG K81DJ, or the Etymotic ER4; this is going by what some people have recently labeled as "overrated."

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't vote for the Bose because "overrated" supposes that a headphone is rated well in the first place. From all I gather here at the headphone site, the Triport was never well regarded to begin with. How can it be overrated when everyone hates it?

I voted for the Sennheiser PX-100 instead. People seen to like them, but I was underwhelmed. Not bad, but not that great, either.

I would've liked them if it weren't for nasaly mids and lame high frequencies.
frown.gif
I returned them after two weeks.

Or maybe its because the KSC75 can be found for $20 and sounds better.
cool.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah IMO the iBuds and Triports are really worthless options; they'd have been much better replaced by something like V-Moda Vibes, AKG K81DJ, or the Etymotic ER4; this is going by what some people have recently labeled as "overrated."

Maybe the Triports, but the iBuds? You know how many teens walk around with those things in their ear? Even when they are blown out people still keep them because they are "cool" and are "the iPod earbuds".

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #11 of 66
I don't think they're as relevant options on head-fi.. nearly everyone hates them. I mean, it's like you have a potpourri of popular-but-crap picks (MDR-V150) and uncommon-but-contested-at-head-fi-and-common-at-head-fi picks (SR60) that it makes it much harder to decide than if more pertinent options were provided.

Apr 6, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #13 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My thoughts almost exactly.

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 66
I assume this poll relates to overrated out there in the non-head-fi world of real people with real sanity.

In which case, there is, by comparison, not overrating, but comparitive inexperience. This thread is just another cheap Bose bash and pish posh.

Most overrated headphone in the non-head-fi? It might well be the Triport but out of that pick and chose list the Triport would certainly be the one I'd most like to use.

Most overrated headphone on head-fi? Id lean towards the K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back