Most Overrated Headphone?
Apr 6, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it was on there I would have voted V-Moda Vibes.

-Alex-

i would have voted vibes 200 times. and how can they charge so much for a piece of trash wrapped in pretty colors? it seems like Val barely even posts on here anymore after all the hype he created.

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would have voted vibes 200 times. and how can they charge so much for a piece of trash wrapped in pretty colors? it seems like Val barely even posts on here anymore after all the hype he created.

X2

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 66
If K1000 were on here, I'd vote for that. But seeing as we have limited choices, I voted SR60: don't know why they get hyped as being something that should cost more (they don't sound like they're more expensive headphones).

No one suggests Bose Triports on this site though....so I don't see how they can be overrated!!!!
wink.gif
Most most railed on maybe
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #23 of 66
i would also give my vote to the vibes if it were an option

o·ver·rate (ō'vər-rāt') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates

To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

the exact deffeniton of the vibes. besides triports and ibuds are not rated highly at all (inside the head-fi community)

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 66
Another vote for K81DJ... Based on all the hype they had here on head-fi I bought a pair and found them to be muddybass-bloatnessfest.

Apr 6, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #27 of 66
Man I'm having some Deja-Vu here...

Anyway, it wouldn't be fair for me to vote, since I haven't heard all of the phones in the poll. But I can say that of the dynamic phones I have owned, the Sennheiser line of phones are far and away the most overrated phones in existence IMHO. I suppose that when it comes to the Sennheiser house sound, I just don't 'get it'. It bores me to death, and makes me want to fall asleep.

Apr 6, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #28 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man I'm having some Deja-Vu here...

Anyway, it wouldn't be fair for me to vote, since I haven't heard all of the phones in the poll. But I can say that of the dynamic phones I have owned, the Sennheiser line of phones are far and away the most overrated phones in existence IMHO. I suppose that when it comes to the Sennheiser house sound, I just don't 'get it'. It bores me to death, and makes me want to fall asleep.

The hd580 and 600 can be a bit boring, but definitely not the 595!

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #30 of 66
i think the votes are split because you included mainstream stuff like ibuds/bose/sony cheapies

if you just stuck with "head-fi" headphones, it would probably be "better"

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back