Most exellent video game music
Dec 5, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #46 of 71
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Battlefield 1942? Gotta love the trombone (or some kind of brass instrument)..

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #47 of 71
The atmosphere musics from oblivion by Jeremy Soule are my favorites in a video game, not much impressed with the rest of the non atmosphere musics though
frown.gif
atmosphere 7 from oblivion

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #48 of 71
There's so much good video game music out there. I'll list some of my favourites and link to YouTube samples where possible.

- DOOM - E1M9 (the Classic Doom remake of this is also cool), E2M9
- DOOM II - MAP01 (amazing from 2:15), MAP04
- Final DOOM TNT Evilution - MAP01, MAP16
- Quake II - Quad Machine
- Gears Of War - Gears Of War, Attack Of The Drones
- Rainbow Six Vegas - Theme, Mexico
- Golden Eye - Elevator A, Soviet Missile Silo
- Red Faction - Trilogy, Syncopath
- Red Faction 2 - Big Beat 04, Heavy 02
- Tomb Raider - Theme (not to mention some of Troels Folmann's work on the recent games is great)

There's so much I still haven't listed everything there... Quake and Quake III, the DOOM 3 theme is also great, EarthSiege 2 is very good, Descent 2. I'm sure I've missed some stuff, because there is so much that's at least half decent.

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #53 of 71
I love the 80's cheesiness of GTA Vice City.
You've got Michael Jackson, Blondie and many others.
They've also got Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight, Anthrax - Madhouse and Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes, to name a few of my favourites on the game.

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #57 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The atmosphere musics from oblivion by Jeremy Soule are my favorites in a video game, not much impressed with the rest of the non atmosphere musics though
frown.gif
atmosphere 7 from oblivion

I disagree because Dusk at the Market and Watchmen's Ease were very good. The Oblivion's soundtrack do not have a cd quality version available for purchase, only 320kbps drm'ed mp3, which I refuse to buy. I still prefer the Morrowind soundtrack which require a lot of more involvement and imagination from the listener to make the most of. Atleast you can get cd quality of Morrowind if you have the collector's edition, but only 8 of them are real songs beside the battle stuff.

You can put any mp3 into the Oblivion's music folder and it will play so I just delete off the dungeon stuff and put my own thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chrono Cross <3

I'm just going to post this again:

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #58 of 71
I always loved the tracks of CoLD SToRAGE in Wipeout saga, specially the first one. It gave me awesome moments in a futuristic atmosphere
smily_headphones1.gif

Quake III: Arena Noize, by Sonic Mayhem has INSANE tracks like "Rocktronica" or "Audio Adrenaline". Feeling berseker while shooting, no music for drive
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #60 of 71
Instant Remedy has done some really good re-mixes of some of the best old C64 songs, such as The Last Ninja and Flimbo's quest. Highly recommended. When I listen to The Last Ninja (The Wastelands, extended) I get the urge to run around dressed in black pajamas and flip out and kill people with a ninja sword or nunchakus.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back