Most complete open back under 1000€ for music?
Jul 22, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #20 of 25
Not a thing! The XTC and 109 are the only cans on my radar. Not certain about the Meze as much as I am about the XTC.

I'm enjoying mine now that I have them after all the stupid shipping rough housing issues..... The sound is so spacious for a closed back compared to everything else I had been listening on, that when I first fired them up I honestly thought they were out of phase or something weird was going on.

That said, I'm not going to fanboy on them and say they are perfect. The cups and sound are top notch, but the headband leaves some to be desired IMO (they are comfortable and lightweight though).

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #23 of 25
I’ll try…both listenings where done via Cayin N7 DAP connected to Cayin C9 portable amp.
To my ears (I’m over 55) the XTC did everything the Meze does well but better. John at JM Audio tuned my headphones ‘warm and detailed’. As such they sure sounded that way. It is pure bliss. The soundstage was excellent too and bass/treble levels are near perfect to my ears.
The Meze is an excellent headphone but as mentioned shares some of the same characteristics than the XTC but I was less impressed and the bass was less punchy and present.

Jul 22, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #24 of 25
I am evaluating the Hifiman Ananda Nano, which is worth about €650 in my country. The Focal Clear OG is at €799. I would also like to try the Sivga Sv023 which costs €499.
Which is more complete? It would be to enjoy varied music but I mainly listen to ambient, soundtrack, electronic/dance and some pop.
Hi Hifiman Arya is the best option in that price category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back