Most common portable headphones/IEM you see besides Ibuds
Apr 29, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
outside of ibuds i usually see some other $5 earbuds or i see some kind of red sony earphones..i think its mdrex90

oh yeah lots and lots of skullcandy too

As for those red Sony earphones, they are probably the EX85SL/LP IEMs.

As for the scene here in Port Townsend, even though I don't get around very much, when I do, I notice that they are using either the crappy stock iBuds or some other cheap, "hip & trendy" garbage they buy at either Quimper Sound (our only record store and the only one within 40 miles of anywhere) or at Don's Pharmacy or Swain's Outdoor, where it seems like they all sell are either Coby players (?!?!), Philips earbuds, either SkullCandy buds or on-ear phones, or those godawful Koss Plugs.

As for myself, I use Japan-market NUDE EX IEM's with my Walkmen, EX90SLs with either my NW-HD5 and/or MZ-NH700 Hi-MD Walkman and either my RM-MC40ELK or MC39LT remotes (NH700/NHF800 only), and my Black EX85SLs with my inline skate gear and Sony MZ-RH710 Hi-MD Walkman and matching RM-MC55ELK remote. Also sometimes I'll put on either my MDR-D777SL cans ot my MDR-NC60 Japan Edition NC Phones with a FiiO E5 amp, but other than at home, the IEM's get the full workout.

Right now I am listening to a compilation of Todd Rundgren (1970-78) on my HD5 as I am writing this while my Love Of My Life (20 years at that!) Alice Yantz is watching the NBA playoffs on TNT to find out whom the Lakers' next victims will be in the 2nd round.

GO LAKERS!!!

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #47 of 55
Another Torontonian here,

I see the same as the other Toronto members here. Koss plugs, and lot's of skulls. Been seeing a lot of the Sony MDR-150/300 headphones as well. I'm beginning to see more of the low end Shure's (110's/115's) recently. Best Buy and Futureshop seem to be stocking these more.

As for rare...I myself use Ety ER6i's and so far have only seen one other person with them. Also saw one person with the ER4P's (red/blue cable version). Every so often I see someone rockin' the old school yellow Sony over the head bud type headphones that used to come with the Walkman Cassette players.

I do find that I'm always staring at peoples earphones trying to figure out what they are. I hope I'm not creeping anyone out

May 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #50 of 55
In my University, I saw a lot of porta pro, Sony V6, saw a V7506 once, but the guy was in the library doing his paper. Saw a shure last week. That's about it

May 10, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whilst in London, I see some Shures, but nothing much special. Not seen the IE8 in the public yet..

That's cos I cycle so damn F>>>>>A>>>>>S>>>>T>>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #52 of 55
Mostly around Uni all i see is whatever buds/'in-ears' that come with mobiles. Though i have been seeing alot of the white an black cable BOSE.. did see someone on the train with Shure 530 which suprised me...

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #55 of 55
Skullcandy mainly, along with some various Sony as well as a certain Blue Panasonic model that is quite common. There are a fair number of IEMs as well, although I can't really identify them yet. In the last few days I also saw a PX-100, a Portapro as well as an ATH-M50, so that isn't too bad I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back