Most comfrotable headphones?
Jun 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SwagDaddy

New Head-Fier
Okay so im looking for the most comfrotable headphones with good sound for $300 or less. I have glasses and my current pair of headphones the 

[size=1.7em] Philips HN 110 Folding Noise-Canceling Headphones kinda crush my glasses into my head causing pain. I've been looking for an upgrade anyway the two headphones that I have decided on are:
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 omh
[/size]

Denon ADH 2000
I was wondering if anyone knows which one is more comfortable.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 7
I find most of the comfort of headphones comes from the weight, and how the headband fits your head. I would say beyers are generally pretty comfortable. The wood denons are a little heavier, but the 2000 model should be lighter than the ones I had. 

I would put them at a tie. Though the ear pads of the D2000's are a little less "universal" in their shape. The beyers may fit better with glasses. Go google them and look at the earpad shape.

Only thing is: Without an amp, getting the 600 ohm version of the 990s is a bad idea. 600omh is a measurment of electrical impedence. Basically the higher the number, the more power they take (This isnt perfectly accurate, just a rough rule of thumb). Try to stay below 80 ohms for ampless headphones. :)

GL!

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Okay so im looking for the most comfrotable headphones with good sound for $300 or less. I have glasses and my current pair of headphones the 

[size=1.7em] Philips HN 110 Folding Noise-Canceling Headphones kinda crush my glasses into my head causing pain. I've been looking for an upgrade anyway the two headphones that I have decided on are:
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 omh
[/size]

Denon ADH 2000
I was wondering if anyone knows which one is more comfortable.

Heya,

Both are very comfortable. I find the Denons to be a little more comfortable simply because they are like wearing soft pillows. I wear glasses as well. Beyers are comfortable, but have a touch more clamp, but I never had a problem with them either with glasses. But between the two, the edge goes to the Denons for me. Sound wise, I prefer the Denon as well by a bump; it's more neutral, and the sub-bass is superior.

Very best,

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 7
haha thanks! :D
I was wondering about that what amp would you say i should get. I was looking at the hi-fi man ef2a tube usb dac headphone amp. Any other suggestions? Price hopefully with 150 dollars?

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Id stay away from tube until you're in the 400+ range...

Amps are all opinion in the 100-300 range. The true differences don't show themselves until later up the price line.

IMO go solid state. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 7
For me, it's the AKG K702/ Q701. Sometimes I forget that they are on my head. I'd rather wear these than not. That's comfort for ya. But, that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back