Most boring movie of ALL TIME
Jun 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #92 of 111

Quote:
Somehow people today still don't get that there is no noise or fire in a vacuum.....

What do you call the sun?  
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #94 of 111
Lion King 2.
Night At The Museum.

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #99 of 111
Jun 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #100 of 111

Quote:
i would say the most boring movie ive seen was 2001, i cant believe how many people think thats so awesome. i was like a screensaver with breathing noises most of the time

You have to remember the time it was released. America had a cause of going to the Moon. We had just seen footage of humans floating in space. Most folks thought it was a historic time for mankind. The movie capitalizes on these issues. The whole slow symbolism type of story telling was the way folks in the 70s liked their pace. The movie may be hard to relate to now. In it's time it was one of the most advanced movies ever made.

Andrei Tarkovsky's movie Solaris from 1972 was a much better type of movie from that era. At the time much like 2001, it was the most expensive Russian movie ever made to that point in time.

Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris is one of my top 5 favorite science fiction flicks.

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #102 of 111

Quote:
The US remake of Godzilla. It made me fall asleep.

I would say the same with the original. I enjoyed Godzilla a lot though it´s not exactly Jurassic Park of course :)

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #105 of 111
2001 is by far the most boring movie i've ever seen. I just watched it last week and cannot believe how many wonderful reviews it's gotten. Yeah sure the filmography might be beautiful, but there is practically no plot and listening to a person breathing does/should not count as a soundtrack. Boooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back