Most boring movie of ALL TIME
Jun 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #106 of 111
2001 is monumental in film history, how they filmed it and the sets etc. Look at some science fiction films made in the last 15 years and they are more dated than 2001.
I agree it is slow to watch but eagle eye pretty much ripped it off last year (?) and that was not the best film.

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #107 of 111
2001 has no plot?  Holy cow, it's probably one of the most profound stories ever attempted in film history.  I'm sorry it didn't connect w/ you.  

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #108 of 111

Quote:
2001 has no plot?  Holy cow, it's probably one of the most profound stories ever attempted in film history.  I'm sorry it didn't connect w/ you.  

Yeah- it's one thing to say, "I didn't understand or get the plot."  I'd guess there has been as much if not more written and discussed about the plot of this movie than any other movie.

As for it being 'slow', to draw a musical analogy, there's probably a reason why most (popular) songs today aren't much longer than 4 minutes.  To put it another way it would be like saying, "Watching this sunset is taking too long."  Of course others might replace "sunset" with "paint drying" or "lawn growing." 
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #109 of 111
I didn't mean slow in a negative way. Contemporary movies need something to happen every 2 seconds which isn't bad, but it makes films rely more heavily on the acting and script (rather than cinematography) to draw an emotional response. I enjoy the way 2001 develops a shot. Those long shots have a huge impact.

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #111 of 111
I just saw A Serious Man and was reminded of this thread. Wow that movie is boring. I don't mind uneventful movies or 'slow' movies, but this one was just plain boring. Couldn't stand it. Might also have something to do with the fact that I wanted to slap the main character in the face the whole movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back