MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 13, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #136 of 206
I have no skin in this particular game, but it's worth keeping in mind that very few measurement rigs are capable of reliable and consistent measurements above 8kHz (which may have something to do with the industry standard topping out at 6kHz).

100% can agree to that. Again, I probably do have some bias or cope but I'm going to reserve judgement until I receive them.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #137 of 206
for the people who’ve experience preordering moondrops, what’s the wait time look like? I’m looking at making these my first set of moondrops, but I’m a little hesitant if I should wait for stores over here to carry them.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #138 of 206
for the people who’ve experience preordering moondrops, what’s the wait time look like? I’m looking at making these my first set of moondrops, but I’m a little hesitant if I should wait for stores over here to carry them.
They ship pretty fast.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #139 of 206
Are you part of this very small minority of Head-Fier’s who ultimately care more about measured frequency response than their own ears assessment?
Call me surprised…
If I buy a new Benz and the car dealer says: Oh, btw, in your car, there might be some loose screws somewhere, but you might not be affected by it, please don't care, can happen... we already solved the issue in the production line"

... and surely you are one of these car buyers who say: Ah, ok, I don't mind if you say so".
...ooor would you be pixxed off paying a premium?

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #141 of 206
If I buy a new Benz and the car dealer says: Oh, btw, in your car, there might be some loose screws somewhere, but you might not be affected by it, please don't care, can happen... we already solved the issue in the production line"

... and surely you are one of these car buyers who say: Ah, ok, I don't mind if you say so".
...ooor would you be pixxed off paying a premium?
I mean recalls are pretty common but I get it. I would liken it more to a tesla with no software lol

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #142 of 206
Anyone know if the DSP cable will work with things like Lightning adapters? Or are iPhone users completely out of luck?
The FreeDSP cable is UAC-2 compliant (until someone proves otherwise :ksc75smile:): it “works” (as “playing music”) with iOS, Android, PC and should also work with Mac, Linux, Raspi (haven’t checked).
OTOH, the app to set the PEQ is Android-only.

I have an iPhone (Lightning) and several of these DSP cables and DSP-enabled IEM (FreeDSP, CDSP, Quarks-DSP, Jiu, Droplet, Chu-II DSP, May, Tanchjim One/Zero/Tanya-DSP): they all work fine with the right Lightning adapter, but I can’t change/adjust the PEQ from my iPhone. Same thing from my PC, with a USB-A to USB-C adapter: they all work fine.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #143 of 206
Got the thing now. I am torn between trying it, or selling it sealed for a minimal loss. Anyone else here got their unit and has anything to say about them?
DSC_0483.JPG
Shipping to germany took 5 days btw, really fast.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #146 of 206
Got the thing now. I am torn between trying it, or selling it sealed for a minimal loss. Anyone else here got their unit and has anything to say about them?
DSC_0483.JPG
Shipping to germany took 5 days btw, really fast.
Where did you order from? I ordered from Shenzhenaudio and it still hasn’t been dispatched. Apparently I missed the first batch because there was an issue with their AE page and ordering to the UK.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #147 of 206
Where did you order from? I ordered from Shenzhenaudio and it still hasn’t been dispatched. Apparently I missed the first batch because there was an issue with their AE page and ordering to the UK.
How do you know what batch you ordered?

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #148 of 206
Okay so, I will take the L and try them, writing first impressions here. This is just a very dirty quick write-down, I will post a more detailed version with my test tracks and some pictures later.
The packaging is nice enough, the case is good, the zipper is of lesser quality than the one that was included with the Blessing 2:Dusk, it is way less smooth to operate. Everything has a kind of plastic-vibe to it, obviously, because it is all plastic in the end.
I am using my own Spring Tips, they fit very nicely. The cable makes some noise from moving, but it is very minimal.
Despite your request @elderbank, I will use the DSP cable first, as this tuning is the whole reason I bought the thing. But I will also try the other cable and just use Wavelet and the EQ profiles.
I am not especially interested in the analogue tuning, will make a short comparison though and we will see what happens.
First off, the Moondrop App is garbage, it barely works. Either it does not detect the device, or the EQ profiles do not get applied or it does not start at all. Complete crap. This should never have been released in that state. The DSP cable makes a very high pitched sound while connecting to my phone. I will now switch to analogue and try out the EQ profiles through wavelet, because this is utter nonsense and should be reason enough alone for a refund tbh. Embarassing.
The analogue cable has no L/R indicators on the 2-pin connectors...??! I am guessing at this point. Dusk needs a lot of juice from my phone to get loud enough. Crinacles default tuning is pretty bassy, not bad though. The IEM/tuning has some good amount of detail, though the analogue tuning seems to have a little more treble emphasis. I might prefer it... not sure. Cymbals and female vocals sound cleaner without DSP, as does piano. To me, the increased bass of the DSP tuning makes the music sound more muddy, warmer sure, but also less focused on treble details. Lower mids and sub-bass seem to benefit most from the DSP default tuning. Electric rock guitar gains more thickness, which is nice.
Will go through my whole reference playlist more thoroughly later today or tomorrow and also compare more of the DSP settings. Also switch between this and the Timsok Ts-316.

Overall extremely disappointed by the App and USB-C cable. Complete trash.

@Danx3k I ordered from Shenzhen the day it was announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back