MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #181 of 206
Yeah, that might explain it. You're not wrong to expect better, but the rest of the world is used to these kinds of return policies. From my perspective, Shenzhen's return policy is about as generous as they come for an international audio retailer. But I guess it's all about what you're used to.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #182 of 206
If I'm buying a product internationally, especially from China, I don't even consider returns or warranty because it just isn't worth the hassle. It sucks, but that's just the way it is. Chi-fi is a risky endeavor, but there are things you can do to protect yourself.

My advice for chi-fi stuff is to purchase from a usa-based (or wherever you live) business, do not pre-order the product, and wait for user impressions to roll in. Wait for the producer of the product to iron out any early QC issues. If the overall consensus is favorable or if the gripes don't affect you, then go for it. Thing is, researching for stuff like this can take a lot of time, hours even...digging through forums, YouTube reviews, write-ups, measurements, and just thinking about all of this information and connecting the dots.

QC is very important for people buying internationally because if you get a dud and you hear it, you essentially have a paperweight, and sometimes rma just isn't worth the hassle. The cost of shipping the product back, waiting sometimes months for a replacement which may have the same problem or something else wrong is common, been there done that.

It sucks, but that's the dark side of chi-fi that usually goes under the radar. /rant

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #183 of 206
Not just true of Chi-Fi. All international audio purchases require more patience and money, even buying from Canada to the US. That said, the big Chinese audio retailers (Shenzhen, Linsoul, HifiGo, etc.) have all been excellent with customer service in my experience. Shipping is a pain on their end, too, so much so that I've had some retailers just ship me out replacements without my shipping anything to them first. Even smaller retailers in China and Singapore (Vinshine, miniDSP, etc.) have been fantastic about various issues I've had. Better than many US-based retailers, in fact.

Anyway, from my perspective, the shipping cost ($15-$30) + restocking fee (5-10%) is a lot less than it would cost to buy a Dusk on the used market, only to find you didn't like it. In both cases, you get to try a Dusk, but paying $60 vs. $300 seems like an easy choice to me.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #184 of 206
Hello, thanks for your support first. I've been told by our CS team that they said you can send your DUSK back for full refund, we offer 7-day no reason refund (without restocking fee), you can read via this link, https://shenzhenaudio.com/pages/guarantees-return-policy. As we promised, for product quality, we cover all the cost; if you're not satisfied with your purchase, you're also allowed to return it for full refund if you can send it back. For any questions, welcome to DM us. Thank you.

ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #185 of 206
Shenzhenaudio has fast customer service response times, but I am not satisfied with the result and their general policies, which this case does not really apply to in my opinion. I will update further down the line once the business is settled, but this is certainly my last purchase from this store.

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #186 of 206
Shenzhenaudio has fast customer service response times, but I am not satisfied with the result and their general policies, which this case does not really apply to in my opinion. I will update further down the line once the business is settled, but this is certainly my last purchase from this store.
Its disappointing to hear you've had a bad experience, my Dusk still hasn't been shipped! :frowning2:

I am a bit confused what you're dissatisfied with though, as they've said you above that you can return it for a full refund? I'm not sure what more they can do than that?

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #187 of 206
Its disappointing to hear you've had a bad experience, my Dusk still hasn't been shipped! :frowning2:

I am a bit confused what you're dissatisfied with though, as they've said you above that you can return it for a full refund? I'm not sure what more they can do than that?
It is only fully refunded when they (Moondrop) find it to be faulty, they will test and measure the product, according to Shenzhenaudio. Otherwise I have to pay a 10% restocking fee and the 40 euros I paid for shipping. So about 75 Euros in total.
I doubt Moondrop will find this to be faulty, since they have been selling this (actually faulty) cable for quite a while.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-094845.png
    Screenshot_20240418-094845.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #188 of 206
It is only fully refunded when they (Moondrop) find it to be faulty, they will test and measure the product, according to Shenzhenaudio. Otherwise I have to pay a 10% restocking fee and the 40 euros I paid for shipping. So about 75 Euros in total.
I doubt Moondrop will find this to be faulty, since they have been selling this (actually faulty) cable for quite a while.
Hifi Klubben in Europe do not allow you to return Iems if the seal have been broken. Don't know if this is the law or not but at least you know before you buy.

The following link is in Danish but you should be able to translate it or find it in English.
https://www.hifiklubben.dk/kundeservice/retur-og-ombytningsret/

I am not here to defend any of the Chinese venders(they generally don't deserve it) but you should probably not buy anymore from them. Its a very long shipping route just to try some Iems.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #189 of 206
Hifi Klubben in Europe do not allow you to return Iems if the seal have been broken. Don't know if this is the law or not but at least you know before you buy.

The following link is in Danish but you should be able to translate it or find it in English.
https://www.hifiklubben.dk/kundeservice/retur-og-ombytningsret/

I am not here to defend any of the Chinese venders(they generally don't deserve it) but you should probably not buy anymore from them. Its a very long shipping route just to try some Iems.
That's not a law, you can return Sennheiser IEMs for example. I was not going to just try the Dusk out, I was really excited for this release.

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #191 of 206
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #192 of 206
thanks for the write up. so how does the analog tuning compare to b2 dusks? if you have heard those? also any idea about vs hype 4, soon to be available 7Hz Aurora and cheaper options like Ziigaat Cincotres?
I have not heard the B2 Dusk/ZiiGaat Cincotres unfortunately and the 7Hz Aurora only just arrived an hour ago, so those sets are not in the comparison section here. I do talk about the Hype 4 briefly at the bottom of page 4 and I'll compare the DUSK in the 7Hz Aurora's review in the future.

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #194 of 206
Received my Dusk earlier today and been listening to it for the past 2 hours out of my dragon L3 and I really like it so far. I don't care for the DSP cable nor will I be using the stock cable for much longer but definitely wanted to try it at it's "stock" form.

I can say for certain that I like definitely like this more than the hype 4. The bass is more natural and not overly emphasized. Only issue I have so far is the size of the nozzle. I found myself playing with the fitment every other track but then again I have a pretty weird ear canal.

Really wish the DSP cable was an option so I can save $20 give or take.

IMG_7527.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back