MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #167 of 206
They denied my request of course. So if you wanna buy a practically new set... Message me.
Wait, what? Sounds like your issue is with Shenzhen Audio, not with the Dusk.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #168 of 206
That's interesting to see when they have advertise a 30 days no reason return on their website.
They do, but I don't want to spend the postage + restock fee for returning a faulty product.
Wait, what? Sounds like your issue is with Shenzhen Audio, not with the Dusk.
My problem is with the Dusk that Shenzhenaudio sold me.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #169 of 206
So I Duskified by Variations with Wavelet (and Easyeffects on my laptop) and eq, using Crin's IEM graphing tool. It sounds good!

I wonder how far it will be from a real Dusk with DSP applied? I guess different drivers will sound differently in the end, but the Variations is technically no slouch.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #170 of 206
They do, but I don't want to spend the postage + restock fee for returning a faulty product.

I don't know of many (any?) audio retailers that don't have similar policies for returns, especially for international shipping. You could always resell it used, but you'll likely take an even bigger financial hit vs just doing the return.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #171 of 206
I don't know of many (any?) audio retailers that don't have similar policies for returns, especially for international shipping. You could always resell it used, but you'll likely take an even bigger financial hit vs just doing the return.
Well, if I return the item because I don't like it or don't want it, sure. But if it is not working as advertised and faulty, I should not pay for that.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #172 of 206

So you lied. They didn't reject your request, they asked you to pay postage. You asked for a partial return, said they rejected it (but actually you rejected it), then said you actually wanted a full return.

So which is it? Did they offer you a partial 30 day return or not?

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #173 of 206
So you lied. They didn't reject your request, they asked you to pay postage. You asked for a partial return, said they rejected it (but actually you rejected it), then said you actually wanted a full return.

So which is it? Did they offer you a partial 30 day return or not?
I did not lie. I urge you to please read what I actually wrote. I asked for a partial REFUND or a free return and got neither.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #174 of 206
I did not lie. I urge you to please read what I actually wrote. I asked for a partial REFUND or a free return and got neither.
Wait. You said above that they did offer you a partial refund (less shipping + restock fee) and that you rejected their offer because the product is broken and warranted a complete refund. Now you're saying they didn't offer you even the partial refund? Again, sounds like your issue here is with the retailer. They have a 30-day "no reason return," less shipping + restock fee.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #175 of 206

This is a partial refund?

So to clarify, you're clearly stating that Shenzhenaudio did not honour their 30 days no reason return?

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #176 of 206
Wait. You said above that they did offer you a partial refund (less shipping + restock fee) and that you rejected their offer because the product is broken and warranted a complete refund. Now you're saying they didn't offer you even the partial refund? Again, sounds like your issue here is with the retailer. They have a 30-day "no reason return," less shipping + restock fee.

This is a partial refund?

So to clarify, you're clearly stating that Shenzhenaudio did not honour their 30 days no reason return?
A partial refund, to me, would mean that I get refunded a part of my purchase price because some of the advertised features of this product are faulty/not working. The DSP cable + the app. That does not include me sending the product back, but lessens the overall price I paid for the product.
I would go for that, or for a free return, since the product does not function as advertised and is sold with a faulty cable.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #177 of 206
A partial refund, to me, would mean that I get refunded a part of my purchase price because some of the advertised features of this product are faulty/not working. The DSP cable + the app. That does not include me sending the product back, but lessens the overall price I paid for the product.
I would go for that, or for a free return, since the product does not function as advertised and is selling a faulty cable.
Even international repairs for products under warranty still cost shipping at least one way (sometimes both). I wouldn't buy audio products internationally in the future if shipping costs for returns/repairs are a concern for you.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #178 of 206
Even international repairs for products under warranty still cost shipping at least one way (sometimes both). I wouldn't buy audio products internationally in the future if shipping costs for returns/repairs are a concern for you.
If I sell you a brand new car, but you find out the transmission does not work correctly and some gears are missing, would you not expect for me as a dealer to be responsible for that?

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #179 of 206
If I sell you a brand new car, but you find out the transmission does not work correctly and some gears are missing, would you not expect for me as a dealer to be responsible for that?
It'd be nice, but that's not how things work here in the US. Only some states allow for car returns, and even then, you take a pretty big financial hit. Maybe consumer protections are just better where you live?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #180 of 206
It'd be nice, but that's not how things work here in the US. Only some states allow for car returns, and even then, you take a pretty big financial hit. Maybe consumer protections are just better where you live?
Yep, EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back