Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #11,926 of 11,979
gonna wait for reviews, my blessing 2 were a build quality nightmare. cap came off, fell off the cables, the 2 pin connector is broken.
Mine was held together with glue before it was lost. I am very happy with my Quintet as a replacement/alternative (tracks similar to Dusk2 with a unique driver config). The Kiwi Ears is cheaper, simpler but sturdy build, has a lip for ear tips, and is smaller and sits flush in the ear for in-bed listening.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #11,927 of 11,979
Ordered the new Dusk. Got it for £255 on AE, after discount code and coins applied.

1712052816551.png

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #11,929 of 11,979
Love my Blessing3's and they are my goto for working out/outside of the house. Only issue is the right cable likes to fall out of the IEM using 64 Audio cable not stock. Saw reviews where people saying pins broke in IEM with stock so will not chance it. My goto's for at home use are my 64 Audio U12ts which are my favorites and should be for what they cost. Very interested in seeing what people say about the new Dusk and if anyone has U12ts and can compare the 2. Looks like they won't ship until 4-20 now.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #11,930 of 11,979
I dont want to say it... but after seeing a few reviews, Zeos, headphones.com gamesky, some written reviews and that who shall not be named.

this is the conclusion i got to,

The moondrop Crinicle dusk is not the product, its a flawed IEM with weird treble and weak bass thats corrected with a DSP cable, the star of the show is the DSP cable, not the IEM,

In that case, i would want moondrop to release the more advanced DSP cable on its own, the DSP cable that comes with the Dusk seems a lot more advanced then the one that comes with may or chu II DSP, maybe a version of the dusk DSP cable with a tunning thats less mated to dusk IEM, from the impression i got from reviews if you´re gonna run it analog or balanced without DSP, you´re better served going for something like the Hype 4 or Ziigat Dos Cinco.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #11,931 of 11,979
I dont want to say it... but after seeing a few reviews, Zeos, headphones.com gamesky, some written reviews and that who shall not be named.

The moondrop Crinicle dusk is not the product, its a flawed IEM with weird treble and weak bass thats corrected with a DSP cable, the star of the show is the DSP cable, not the IEM,

In that case, i would want moondrop to release the more advanced DSP cable on its own.
Per Crinacle comments, the DSP cable is Moondrop “FreeDSP”. It costs $29 and I have several of those. The (Android) App needs some work, but is usable, and the DSP cable is a great product IMO: you PEQ your IEM to whatever you like, and forget it… It’ll then work—carrying your PEQ over—with any USB phone, DAP, PC, Mac, PlayStation…

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #11,933 of 11,979

In that case, i would want moondrop to release the more advanced DSP cable on its own, the DSP cable that comes with the Dusk seems a lot more advanced then the one that comes with may or chu II DSP, maybe a version of the dusk DSP cable with a tunning thats less mated to dusk IEM, from the impression i got from reviews if you´re gonna run it analog or balanced without DSP, you´re better served going for something like the Hype 4 or Ziigat Dos Cinco.
Seems like you did want to say it…? Anyway, everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

Also it seems like you’re mostly just repeating what zeos said?

I personally like the tuning from the graph in its analogue form, and will likely be what I will primarily use it in.

Saying it has weird treble and weak bass, is just regurgitating what someone else has said, and ultimately it comes down to preference and tuning taste, right?

I have the mmk3 already, so no point buying the hype 4, which is basically a budget version of it.

The dusk in analogue is very similar to my Mirai on the graphs, with similar bass and the same upper treble peak (which is also very reminiscent of 64a).

IMG_2937.png

I personally prefer the Mirai over the mmk3.

I never understand the “iem a is better than b, so just get that instead”, as what about tuning preferences? That’s the most important thing to me. Not how someone else ranks them based on what they personally enjoy. It’s very much reddit behaviour.

Some people will like the dusk, some will love it, some will be disappointed and some will even hate it.

I don’t get why you should just get the hype4 or doscinco? What because that suits your preferences more so ergo it’s better for everyone else too? They have more bass and upper mids, some people will prefer that, others like me, prefer the measurement of the dusk.

IMG_2942.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #11,934 of 11,979
yea, im mostly basing my opinion from Zeos and Headphones.com. Zeos is a bit overdramatic, but the general idea is that the IEM is mid to meh running on analog, and requires the DSP to truly shine. which makes me wonder if the true hero here is the DSP cable, not the IEM itself.

after hearing the review of "that which will not be named" i was hyped for it, but i guess after a few other reviews i got a bit disapointed, i was a B2 owner and bought it a week before the B2:dusk came out, and that thorn was always stuck in my side. and i was about to pull out the money next month to get the dusk but now im really wondering if its a better buy to just get a Chu DSP or May DSP since the cable is what i truly want.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #11,937 of 11,979
May doesnt need dsp to shine, it is awesome with any normal cable, im not using dsp cable because there is no usb c in my PC and im lazy to switch cables when im using my DAP. i will buy dusks little bit later and wont use dsp as well most likely

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #11,938 of 11,979
May doesnt need dsp to shine, it is awesome with any normal cable, im not using dsp cable because there is no usb c in my PC and im lazy to switch cables when im using my DAP. i will buy dusks little bit later and wont use dsp as well most likely
All these cables, May included, work with any cheap USB A to C adapter…

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #11,939 of 11,979

That was also my understading hence why I canceled my pre-order. I want to use it mainly with my Qudelix or with my A&K SR35.

I am however starting to reconsider as the same tuning can be easily achieved with very few EQfilters , as shared by Crin on twitter:

- 1400 Hz, -3dB , 0.8Q
- 5400 Hz, -3dB , 2.0Q
- 14000 Hz, -5dB , 2.0Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back