Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #11,596 of 11,982
I think a L shaped connector may not be ideal, I'd choose a straight one with ear hook. They also don't mention what's the pin's thickness (0.78 or 0.75 mm).
The blessing 2 uses a 2 pin 0.78mm recessed connector.
Thanks a lot for this information - maybe I should also look elsewhere for some nice ones.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #11,597 of 11,982
Thanks a lot for this information - maybe I should also look elsewhere for some nice ones.
To be honest, you can find very good cables for cheap on AliExpress. I have a cheap TRN modular cable which is very good but I also recommend brands like xinhs and hakugei.
Unless a cable is poorly made with very cheap materials, you won't notice a difference except for how the cable looks and feels (you won't notice a difference sound-wise).

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #11,598 of 11,982
Hi guys. My arias arrived, had them just for a few days but they sound amazing.
Usually my iems have bass and i was worried that these might lack in my preferences but they have plenty, especially sub bass, it's amazing.
Also the vocals are pretty forward, female vocals are something with these.
I'm very pleased:relaxed:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #11,599 of 11,982
Picked up a used Variations for $300usd.... Loving it so far

33EC1B26-65F6-421E-BE50-FB4971EA70B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #11,600 of 11,982
Hi guys. My arias arrived, had them just for a few days but they sound amazing.
Usually my iems have bass and i was worried that these might lack in my preferences but they have plenty, specially sub bass, it's amazing.
Also the vocals are pretty forward, female vocals are something with these.
I'm very pleased:relaxed:
Glad to hear that. Enjoy bud!

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #11,604 of 11,982
I just picked up a pair of arias as well...but cannot get a good seal. I have small ears and I know moondrops run on the big side. any ideas?

also have a pair of ie600 on the way and I know for sure they'll fit me...but I was hoping the arias would work to have a cheaper set to toss in my bag.

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #11,605 of 11,982
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #11,606 of 11,982
Hi. I'm shocked right now.
Got the Aria, Aria snow and Kato on the table. I'm trying the Aria for now and omg. Speaking of sound and obviously for my personal preferences, this thing blew my 846 away immediately.

If I think how much it costs... Oh my God... Am I deaf?

Attachments

• PXL_20230224_181053492.jpg
    PXL_20230224_181053492.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #11,607 of 11,982
Hi. I'm under shock right now.
Got the Aria, Aria snow and Kato on the table. I'm trying the Aria for now and omg. Speaking of sound and obviously for my personal preferences, this thing blew my 846 away immediately.

If I think how much it costs... Oh my God... Am I deaf?
It happened to me couple of years ago, Moondrop group products are highly performing from $10-800.

Moondrop’s chief engineer is involved in other Brand, Truthear, of which recent Truthear HOLA $18.99 has same tuning with Aria OG, and uses 12mm LCP driver that is larger than Aria’s LCP👀

By the way, Aria’s LCP driver will perform at its best after 200 hours of burn-in👍

If you are interested, Truthear also has market defining cost performing IEMs, HOLA $18.99 12mm LCP, HEXA $79 (1 tweeter BA + 2 MID BA + 1 LCP DD), and dual LCP for 10mm+7.8mm.

Moondrop has its premier brand names Softears, and they offer high-end products as well. If you are interested in Softears tuning, Moondrop Droplet has a spirit of Softears.

Anyway! Welcome to Moondrop/Truthear/Softears house sound!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #11,608 of 11,982
I guess I forgot to post Droplet impression

8BCC9E91-2582-45B8-A7CF-B0E41ECDDFD2.jpeg

E4B72F4D-BFBC-4CDA-8C4E-017CE95B1055.jpeg

5F9BDFF1-8EAD-4995-BA21-4ADD7F489660.jpeg
69DCA6C3-7EBF-4788-9341-E7B2E2CF26B4.jpeg

I posted out of box impression as well as post script impression for the Droplet
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17421895

And as someone who collected many of Moondrop products, I’d just leave my 5 cents to whom considering buying those:

Moondrop | Softears | Truthear debriefing

Do they Still hold something unique by 2023 Standards?

Starfield (B-)
: good looking shell, still a great gift to your partner. Eye-candy sometime is more important than actual contents, of which the contents is pretty worthy to impress too.

KXXS (B) : Actually very soft sounding mid range is unique.

Blessing 2 (A) : Except bass DD, still well tuned all rounder, slightly 6khz shouty, but solvable with ear tips.

Blessing 2 Dusk (A) : Slightly thinner sounding B2 good at imaging, lacks treble extension by modern standard.

ShiroYuki (D+) : It’s an earbud.

Nameless (D) : Another earbud.

Quarks (C-) : V-tuned thin and dry sounding one. Not recommendable.

Sparks (TWS) : (C+) Softer sounding one with no sense of air. Bass and mid is good.

Nekocake (TWS) : (C+) App has 4 EQ presets that works fine, ANC is ok, price is OK, but if you are looking serious TWS, there are better options with lower prices. It looks cute!

RSV (S-) : It is expensive, but has something unique. Natural sounding full BA set.

Aria 2021 modded (B+) : Still holds value for LCP front runner, Titan S has par spec with my modded Aria 2021 for less price ($69), And Truthear ZERO ($49) performs better than Aria, so Aria is facing a tough position here. Once a title holder, but not anymore.

Variations (S-) : Highly scalable and still one of best balanced sounding IEM. One of best sub-bass.
KATO (B+) : Highly technical and resolving single dynamic which has higher resolution than Aria/Titan S/ HOLA, those LCP ones. Yet slightly fatiguing in a longer run. If you are dynamic lover, KATO maybe worth a try.

Stellaris (C) : highly resolving, but shouty and roughly tuned Planar of Moondrop. One and the only disappointment for me buying with my hard earned penny.

Chu (B-) : compact yet powerful sounding, slightly dry and that may be a deal breaker for warm timbre lovers. Very good cost performance

Truthear ZERO (A-): Variations tuned 10mm LCP + 7.8mm LCP. It’s good. Front imaging projection, non harsh treble, well balanced tuning.

Truthear HEXA (A) : an epoch making paradigm shift for sub$100. Highly technical, vocal focused-neutral and clean sounding, RSV like 2BA MID + 1 Tweeter , with 2BA woofer replaced by 1LCP DD woofer. Even if you don’t like the tuning, it’s a good stating point, it works as references monitor. Even after having endgame class TOTL IEM, I can still enjoy HEXA and will forget which IEM I’m listening after 10 minutes into the ocean of music. Very colorless thus unique.

Quarks DSP (C+) : USB-C connector lets you to have direct Digital Signal Processing from PC/Phones, for those have poor earphone jack outlet or those have no earphone jacks. Highly entertaining tuning, yet limited by its small and compact sounding dynamic driver. Good sleeping buddy due to its size.

HOLA (B-) : Refurbished Aria 2021’s with larger 12mm LCP and 25% of the cost $18.99. Similar tuning with Aria 2021, soft sounding mid range and has good warmer touch which matches very well with modern music that has high gain mixing.

SHIO(DAC dongle) (B) : Amazing price to cost performance for $69, with same dual DAC chips used for high-end DAC L&P W2 that costs over $300. Peformance wise it is still behind W2, but not by huge margin. Highly recommendable as your first entrance for a better inflow of sound to your IEMs. SHIO has warm-neutral signature.

Droplet (A-) : It is a USB-C DSP finish single BA, costs $49, but has one of best tuning from Moondrop, a slightly more energized Softears RSV. It may not satisfy dynamic driver lover’s direct sound pressure delivery, and treble extension could be only expected up to 16khz, so lossless and higher may not benefit from this; as far as daily used IEM, Droplet is actually a solution for many. It’s smallest of moondrop/softears/truthear, yet very powerful sounding. Timbre and cymbal crash Diffusion is noteworthy to emphasize. Very smooth and soft sounding IEM. Highly recommended for daily use and sleeping buddy. My daily go-to for PC monitor IEM.

Out of these, I’d recommend Truthear HEXA ($79)for neutral and micro detail lover, ZERO($49) as macro dynamism lover, and Droplet ($49) as timber and tuning lover.

Here is HEXA vs other top performing IEMs detailed cross comparison (some fields still working on). HEXA is lowest priced one.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17412148

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #11,609 of 11,982
I just picked up a pair of arias as well...but cannot get a good seal. I have small ears and I know moondrops run on the big side. any ideas?

also have a pair of ie600 on the way and I know for sure they'll fit me...but I was hoping the arias would work to have a cheaper set to toss in my bag.
I’d try with SpinfFit W1 ear tips. It solved my fit issues for all cases.

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #11,610 of 11,982
It happened to me couple of years ago, Moondrop group products are highly performing from $10-800.

Moondrop’s chief engineer is involved in other Brand, Truthear, of which recent Truthear HOLA $18.99 has same tuning with Aria OG, and uses 12mm LCP driver that is larger than Aria’s LCP👀

By the way, Aria’s LCP driver will perform at its best after 200 hours of burn-in👍

If you are interested, Truthear also has market defining cost performing IEMs, HOLA $18.99 12mm LCP, HEXA $79 (1 tweeter BA + 2 MID BA + 1 LCP DD), and dual LCP for 10mm+7.8mm.

Moondrop has its premier brand names Softears, and they offer high-end products as well. If you are interested in Softears tuning, Moondrop Droplet has a spirit of Softears.

Anyway! Welcome to Moondrop/Truthear/Softears house sound!

Ahah thx!
In the past, I was not so impressed by the HiFiman RE400 which was highly praised. I then moved to sure 215 (too muddy) to the 535 (where is the bass?) and then exasperated I went to the 846, which was sort of 535 with bass.
Given how much it cost me I settled there for a few years and given the bad experience with RE400, I stopped looking for cheap highly praised IEM. I simply thought they were not for me.

Fast forward to last year, when I got the Sony WF1000-xm4. I didn't have great expectations, I just wanted a TWS with noise cancellation, but to my surprise, it sounded pretty darn good, especially for 200 and something. I found myself preferring it to the Shure in many scenarios.

So I started to think if a TWS via Bluetooth can sound that good, maybe now was the time to test some chi-fi IEM again : )
Especially because it is relatively safe for the wallet! (at least for now)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back