Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #8,311 of 11,982
Thanks, do you mean Sonion, not Knowles?
Somehow they don't have a link to the EST tweeters on this page https://www.sonion.com/audio/tweeters/
No, i only heard Knowles offer the manufacturer’s discount, no info about Sonion.
Sonion probably doesn’t deal small business. You can buy EST driver from AE for $120.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #8,312 of 11,982
@shenzhenaudio Ok, it’s been 5days since the order, no shipping yet??? You guys had time to post first impression on website that tells you guys have it on hand, and no time for handling shipping yet? I’ve been regretting ordering from you guys now…

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #8,313 of 11,982
You may notice the gradual smoother reproduction on treble response for EST driver as burn in kicks in, it will be “silky” as opposed to “sparkling” like some good resolving BA type of timbre.
LCP driver first disappointed me too, but now it’s now ranking second best dynamic driver besides pure-beryllium driver for bass response.
It is the same driver found in Aria right (the LCP driver)? If so, yea you gotta wait for it to settled.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #8,314 of 11,982
@shenzhenaudio Ok, it’s been 5days since the order, no shipping yet??? You guys had time to post first impression on website that tells you guys have it on hand, and no time for handling shipping yet? I’ve been regretting ordering from you guys now…
I ordered from Apos on the 18th and it has arrived in LA today. Using DHL express.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #8,315 of 11,982
We'll update it, thanks.

Last edited:
ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #8,317 of 11,982
We'll ship from today, thanks.
It’s sad.
My first disappointment: you guys shipped Moondrop Dusk using 4px.
My second disappointment: you guys shipped another package with 4px it’s taking 42days on record
My third disappointment: Apos Audio / other dealers already shipped / and some already received.
Please don’t disappoint customers anymore.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #8,318 of 11,982
If I knew that Apos existed and carried Variations at launch, I would have bought from them. That’s one major drawback about chi-fi for me. If you live in the US you have to buy directly from China or wait until US based retailers get the product several months later.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #8,319 of 11,982
You may notice the gradual smoother reproduction on treble response for EST driver as burn in kicks in, it will be “silky” as opposed to “sparkling” like some good resolving BA type of timbre.
LCP driver first disappointed me too, but now it’s now ranking second best dynamic driver besides pure-beryllium driver for bass response.
Yea I am really looking forward to that silky timbre. Now it is slightly fatiguing for my ears and I think I will do some serious cable rolling first. Which IEM has that LCP driver? Aria? I am waiting for the release of the Aurora which has beryllium drivers, I think?

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #8,320 of 11,982
If I knew that Apos existed and carried Variations at launch, I would have bought from them. That’s one major drawback about chi-fi for me. If you live in the US you have to buy directly from China or wait until US based retailers get the product several months later.
Yea, I thought Apos order would take longer as it’s US retailer and may have sourced from tier1 dealers like Shenzhen Audio. Never imagined Tier1 took longer than assumingely Tier2 for Product originated from China..😅

Anyway, my order is finally shipped, will arrive on Next Monday(whatever now).

@shenzhenaudio
My advice, enthusiast has one thing for non-enthusiast doesn’t comprehend, “want as soon as it gets released.”

You may feel “what is guy talking about?” But that’s one big big factor. I worked hard to satisfy that demand for the product I got involved myself. Before the product launch, my team all slept at company to make sure customers get 100% satisfaction, because I knew that’s the key to launch any product / service.

It weight pretty much big factor for purchasing something that hit interest, now unfortunately Variations lost 30% of my interest.

General Expectations
Vs
Actual Return

when this failed, you lose a huge chunk of “Service Quality”, it could affect customer’s perception toward “Overall Product Experience”

You added a mousepad as a compensation. (Post edit: You lied, the product didn’t even came with the so-called “sorry” item you mentioned. I didn’t care about that item, but it is your courtesy problem. Again, you lost my trust for that. )

No…I don’t need that, it’s not money or “as far as you get it, time doesn’t matter” type of logic.

SONY failed to satisfy delivery of PS5, due to the same reason.

Make sure you get merchandise ready to ship, not back order, for product launch. Or just simply delay your release date. Taking longer for handling shipping does not grant a positive service feedback.

My last 2cents: You are authorized Tier 1 dealer, take responsibility and take inventory risk, don’t push inventory risk down to customer; i.e. back order.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #8,321 of 11,982
Yea, I thought Apos order would take longer as it’s US retailer and may have sourced from tier1 dealers like Shenzhen Audio. Never imagined Tier1 took longer than assumingely Tier2 for Product originated from China..😅

Anyway, my order is finally shipped, will arrive on Next Monday(whatever now).

@shenzhenaudio
My advice, enthusiast has one thing for non-enthusiast doesn’t comprehend, “want as soon as it gets released.”

It weight pretty much big factor for purchasing something that hit interest, now unfortunately Variations lost 30% of my interest. You added a mousepad as a compensation.

No…I don’t need that, it’s not money or “as far as you get it, time doesn’t matter” type of logic.

SONY failed to satisfy delivery of PS5, due to the same reason.

Make sure you get merchandise ready to ship, not back order, for product launch. Or just simply delay your release date. Taking longer for handling shipping does not grant a positive service feedback.
Did your order from Shenzenaudio? If yes, did they ship via DHL?

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #8,322 of 11,982
Did your order from Shenzenaudio? If yes, did they ship via DHL?
Yea via Shenzhen Audio, I was the first order, and my friend got second order.

I made sure them to ship all Variations with DHL express; see attached :
F5FBFFAD-D462-44DE-B801-9032630DB30C.jpeg
489CDE72-FD1B-4882-88CE-E386049D52F6.jpeg

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #8,323 of 11,982
Yea via Shenzhen Audio, I was the first order, and my friend got second order.

I made sure them to ship all Variations with DHL express; see attached :
F5FBFFAD-D462-44DE-B801-9032630DB30C.jpeg489CDE72-FD1B-4882-88CE-E386049D52F6.jpeg
I'm on the same boat but with a different seller on ali express. they told me they will ship right away .. so I bought on the 18th and still waiting for them to get the product.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #8,324 of 11,982
Yea I am really looking forward to that silky timbre. Now it is slightly fatiguing for my ears and I think I will do some serious cable rolling first. Which IEM has that LCP driver? Aria? I am waiting for the release of the Aurora which has beryllium drivers, I think?
Variations uses LCP driver which supposed to have some basic design which used for Aria. KBEar Aurora is something I'm waiting too, but Not sure if that's a successor of Believe. we will see.

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #8,325 of 11,982

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back