Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #8,267 of 11,979
5c00bbf40ad162d92e67b0f554dfa9ec8b13cd5c.jpg

I thought the body would be more see-through than this... It would probably look more coherent with a milky white translucent shell body.
Wow how did you get it so quickly?

Could you give us your first impression?
Such as timbre, dynamics, as well as bass and treble performance using these new Dd and EST drivers?

Would truely appreciate it!

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #8,269 of 11,979
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #8,271 of 11,979
Is there a competition between Moondrop and KZ?
Who has the most models in their range in the shortest possible time? :sweat_smile:

That would be about the only area in which KZ could compete with Moondrop.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #8,272 of 11,979
That would be about the only area in which KZ could compete with Moondrop.

Haha KZ will definitely win the driver count nuclear race too. But as usual, driver count isn't as important as tuning and implementation.

Jun 20, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #8,273 of 11,979
Is there a competition between Moondrop and KZ?
Who has the most models in their range in the shortest possible time? :sweat_smile:
There shouldn’t be any competition between Moondrop and KZ. I have almost complete product lines of both.

Awaiting latest KZ AST and Moondrop Variations atm.

The best KZ I ranked highest is latest KZ SKS(1BA+1DD) TWS, A- grade and most other KZs are C, D grade with several hits B grade like ZAX. Meanwhile most of Moondrops hits above B and some to S- 90/100 which is Dusk.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #8,274 of 11,979
Would love, love, love some impressions of the Variations, as most everyone else on here I'm sure. Particularly comparisons with Blessing and Monarch.
Yea I’m going to cover that part. My expectations is Variations pars with Monarch.
Monarch’s profile

pros:
-extremely resolving treble / top notch layering
-powerful sub-bass
Cons:
-bass range dynamic driver lacks speed, mid-bass recessed for non-femal vocal instrumental music
-somehow average to narrow sound stage
-2ch speaker like flat dimensions and positioning

which I think Variations would have potentials to beat Monarch for dimensional coordination, bass range handling (transient and speed), sound stage. While leaving Monarch as winner in layerying and detail retrieval. So it’s a blow-tradinng situation by current presumptions based on Variations’s specs and charts. Will check this next week upon arrival of Variations, however LCP driver and from my experience Sonion EST driver both need burn-in to get proper fidelity.
Vs Blessing2 and Dusk, it should’ve been a straight upgrade unless something is extremely off.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #8,275 of 11,979
Wow how did you get it so quickly?

Could you give us your first impression?
Such as timbre, dynamics, as well as bass and treble performance using these new Dd and EST drivers?

Would truely appreciate it!
Probably Chinese market. I think they released around 6/15.

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #8,276 of 11,979
Just bit the bullet on a Variations, shipping out Monday :)

Will provide comparisons to the Soft Ears RSV and Blessing 2 when it arrives. Let me know if you guys want anything else tested/compared too!

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #8,277 of 11,979
Just bit the bullet on a Variations, shipping out Monday :)

Will provide comparisons to the Soft Ears RSV and Blessing 2 when it arrives. Let me know if you guys want anything else tested/compared too!
Yes, tuning difference amonst the same Tribrid with ESTs especially TA Oracle and TSMR Land.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #8,279 of 11,979
Interest in channel matching graphs if thats not too much to ask.
Will definitely get graphs out once they are in-house.

Re comparison to other EST models, I only have a few on hand at the moment but will provide as much comparison there as possble. Unfortunately, many are not available to demo in my region either.

While I do believe EST earphones have a certain style of note presentation, I feel comparison with earphones of a similar style of tuning is more beneficial to potential buyers over a particular driver type as the implementation accounts for the largest impact on the end sound. This is different for say BA vs DD bass, that said.

Of course, let me know if this outlook is not correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back