Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 25, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #8,101 of 11,979
I know your problem with the Hibiscus. It should be nothing to do with unbalanced ports (I think). I experienced this with my 3.5mm MMCX Faaeal Hibiscus.

Try moving the cable (the braided cores itself) going out from the jack of the Hibiscus around and you should hear a very major difference.

Once you find the "right" spot, fill the gap with some glue (I used E7000).

Hope this helps.

---

Edit: The Hibiscus is trashed as a "bad sounding" cable (same as yours and my past experience that sound seemed to have become hollow) in a certain FB group and I do wonder why no one has ever pointed out, noticed, or even just thought of that there might have been some defect (with an easy-to-do fix).
Thank you for the suggestion 🙏🏼
I tried moving the cables around near the jack, but the sound remained the same.
I will try and audition some other cables on Thursday and see if the issue remains.

thank you!

May 25, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #8,102 of 11,979
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Aria. Not that I need it lol. But I am a sucker for good single-DDs and I've not had the pleasure of a Moondrop before. Might be reviewing it.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #8,103 of 11,979
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Aria. Not that I need it lol. But I am a sucker for good single-DDs and I've not had the pleasure of a Moondrop before. Will be reviewing it.
The Aria's are my first pair from Moondrop and I love them.

May 27, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #8,105 of 11,979
That final tips, if you pay extra $9, you get a full set plus very nice flat neutral reference IEM.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N5JSDRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_P4Y3H72G50003M2TH84V
This tip does following:
-narrow down sound stage
-tame harshness around 6khz with a cost of losing air and resolution capability
-boost bass

My suggestion is AZLA Xelastec
AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 3 Pairs (Size MS/M/ML 3Pr) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BRBT4W7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y0RY6JV5DEVYDD7K3C73
This tip does:
-Due to wide open bore, mid/treble gets clarity, if you feel original tip reproduces harshness, then it may not fit.
-control bass response, faster and tighter, since LCP driver procudes one of the best controlled bass response, it matches to emphasize on accuracy
Thanks!! let's try

May 27, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #8,107 of 11,979
Have about 25 hrs on Aria, and they already are starting to open up. Ordered and installed Xela Senda's. These tips are the bomb. Best fit/seal/stay put tips I have ever used. Highly recommended. Will do the 'Spirit' mod (hex filter) next...
Welcome to the Aria mod club👍 Aria’s spirit will gain life😉 Also I recommend to recabling that stock one, it make mid off-harmonious.

May 27, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #8,109 of 11,979
May 27, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #8,111 of 11,979
May 27, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #8,112 of 11,979
I can still cancel.. seems to take Amazon a week to even prep an order before shipping. I assume you are referencing this cable: https://keephifi.com/products/kbear...zsn-pro-tri-i3-tinhifi-t2-plus-blon-bl01-bl03

I have some anxiety about ordering anything directly from China..
Yup! And @miserybeforethemusic ‘s cable is fine too. That keephifi’s Ann is very responsible, I ordered $129 Tri Starsea, they werw upgrading shipping system, so tracking number didn’t work, I contacted them and Ann from Keephifi not only provided me the USPS link, but also shipped another pair of Starsea with expedite shipping. That’s one of a surprising customers service.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #8,114 of 11,979
I DO NOT need the Aria.
I DO NOT need the Aria.
I DO NOT need the Aria.

Nope, that didn't work.

May 28, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #8,115 of 11,979
Does someone want to talk me out of buying it? It's currently in my Amazon cart along with some Spinfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back