Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #6,856 of 12,007
Lucky you! I'm still waiting for mine since 11.11... Unfortunately, I ordered from Moondrop official store and that was my mistake. I should use some other seller.
I hope they are worth waiting...
Wow, that's way too much time man. If the lack of bass was the main problem with the SSR I think they really fixed it on the SSP.
Listening to mine right now and I think that they are really worth it.
Also ordered the Blon's BL01 and will be able to compare both soon.

Dec 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #6,857 of 12,007
Btw as I said on my first impressions the cable is bad, 1 day of use and I just realised that it's alrealdy falling apart, the plastic seems to be breaking when I didn't even put any pressure on it. Gettin a cable is mandatory IMO.
IMG_20201218_112135.jpg

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #6,858 of 12,007
Just a heads-up, but in case anyone was looking for some B2: Dusk impressions, I dropped some in my thread over the weekend:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/precogs-iem-reviews-impressions.937468/post-16034242

TL;DR It fixes most of the tonal issues I had with the original B2 whilst maintaining a lot of the original’s technical prowess (and weaknesses). I like it a lot, and I think it offers a terrific option for those who wanted a thicker, bassier B2.

I also have an S8 review that should be published soon. I think it’s a solid step over the B2, and an apt alternative to the Dusk for those who might want a leaner, more technically-oriented sound.

This is my 2nd Moondrop purchase now.

The Blessing 2 Dusk has just arrived at my desk. I might need more time adjusting to the bass. Quick impressions aren't bad, but I still prefer S8 for the laid-back presentation and sheer amount of details. Especially with well mastered tracks and a DAP.

Dusk maybe better than S8 if powered from a phone due to the extra excitement from bass.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #6,859 of 12,007
This is my 2nd Moondrop purchase now.

The Blessing 2 Dusk has just arrived at my desk. I might need more time adjusting to the bass. Quick impressions aren't bad, but I still prefer S8 for the laid-back presentation and sheer amount of details. Especially with well mastered tracks and a DAP.

Dusk maybe better than S8 if powered from a phone due to the extra excitement from bass.

Thanks for the impressions. How does the Dusk compare to the original (if you have/had it) and other IEMs in the price range of the Dusk?

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #6,862 of 12,007
My review of Moondrop x Crinacle Blessing 2: Dusk.

I titled the review "The Daywalker" as, I guess?, a reference to Blade*. A daywalker is a vampire with all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses, like being unable to walk outside during the day. This felt like an appropriate analogy for the Dusk. All of the potential downsides of boosting bass and dropping lower midrange -- distorted bass, muddy midrange, loss of detail -- are, in my estimation, completely avoided by the B2: Dusk. It's just more, tighter sub-bass, without the weaknesses you might expect from a $10 mod. If a B2 with more sub-bass is what you want, there's really no compromise here -- just a different flavor of the same great IEM.

*(I actually know this reference from watching Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournaments where the player PR Balrog would often be described by commentator Yipes as a daywalker -- PR Balrog had all of the strengths of a nutty / unpredictable player with none of the weaknesses 🤣)

Dec 20, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #6,863 of 12,007
*(I actually know this reference from watching Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournaments where the player PR Balrog would often be described by commentator Yipes as a daywalker -- PR Balrog had all of the strengths of a nutty / unpredictable player with none of the weaknesses 🤣)

I really miss the UMvC3 days! So much hype and fun all around.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the B2/Dusk. The only IEM's I currently have are UE TF10's, anyone have any comparisons?

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #6,864 of 12,007
Wow, that's way too much time man. If the lack of bass was the main problem with the SSR I think they really fixed it on the SSP.
Listening to mine right now and I think that they are really worth it.
Also ordered the Blon's BL01 and will be able to compare both soon.
Do you find the volume on the SSP to be A bit low even when amped?

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #6,866 of 12,007
I found that they need some volume to perform properly with and without and amp, but despite that I got more than enough volume from all the sources I've tried (Xiaomi mi10 lite, Fiio btr5, Fiio K5 pro and Soundblaster Xg6).

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #6,868 of 12,007

I'm running them balanced on low gain out of my NW-ZX300. They definitely soak up the power; typical listening volumes are between 50/120 and 60/120 on my setup, and I do not consider myself a particularly high-volume listener. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Dec 21, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #6,870 of 12,007
I need advice or comparison of B2 with Shuoer Tape if treble and detail retrieval is same. I have got Shuoer EJ07 so wondering if B2 will complement it. Thanks
B2 is more resolving while less harsh for my ears imo.
I think if I got B2 I won't even bother with the Tape unless you are into the type of signature that it brings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back