Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #6,016 of 12,007
Now get some azla xelastics and mike tyson will start to throw punches at you and bite your ear off
tenor.gif

Jul 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #6,018 of 12,007
I had almost given up on the Starfields. They lacked a little bite for me especially in the bass. Very listenable but just missing something. I'd ordered 4.4mm balanced cable and forgotten about it. It came today and I put the Starfields on, 4.4mm into my Hiby R5. At last the Starfield has started to give something. It's almost a different IEM now. I'm surprised that a balanced 4.4 cable could make such a level of difference.

Jul 22, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #6,019 of 12,007
I had almost given up on the Starfields. They lacked a little bite for me especially in the bass. Very listenable but just missing something. I'd ordered 4.4mm balanced cable and forgotten about it. It came today and I put the Starfields on, 4.4mm into my Hiby R5. At last the Starfield has started to give something. It's almost a different IEM now. I'm surprised that a balanced 4.4 cable could make such a level of difference.
Extra "juice" is always helpful for dd iems :joy:

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #6,020 of 12,007
Its your device rather than the cable.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #6,023 of 12,007
Any updates on the knowles drivers issue? Blessing 2 is still not being stocked, but there are some available in taobao from various sellers and the official Moondrop store too. If i were to buy blessing 2 in taobao would they still be the ones that has knowles drivers in them?

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #6,025 of 12,007
Any updates on the knowles drivers issue? Blessing 2 is still not being stocked, but there are some available in taobao from various sellers and the official Moondrop store too. If i were to buy blessing 2 in taobao would they still be the ones that has knowles drivers in them?

It's an English translation problem when they said new materials. They will be still be using the same Knowles driver's, they are just having supply issues.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #6,026 of 12,007
Just to mention, I was using my Starfield using the stock cable into the 3.5mm on my Hiby R5. I recently got a two pin balanced 4.4mm cable delivered, so I thought I would try it with the Starfields. Oh my...what a difference the 4.4mm makes to the 3.5mm. Sounds like a different IEM. A bit of juice seems to make the Starfield sing. That's more so than any other IEM I have run balanced. If any of you try it could you let us know what you think.

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #6,027 of 12,007
are you saying they changed driver manufacturer, and if so how would that change the sound?
So far, the information of using different driver other than knowles is still just a plan from them. And even if they do, they'll put a different name for the iem, not blessing 2.

Those store you mention that have the stock might be the same Knowles blessing 2. They actually still producing them, not stop completely. but the production is only on limited number per day.

I know this far from their discord server.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #6,028 of 12,007
So far, the information of using different driver other than knowles is still just a plan from them. And even if they do, they'll put a different name for the iem, not blessing 2.

Those store you mention that have the stock might be the same Knowles blessing 2. They actually still producing them, not stop completely. but the production is only on limited number per day.

I know this far from their discord server.
So, does anyone know what the deal with Knowles is? Is their production slowed by shutdowns?

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #6,030 of 12,007
Seemed like there was a pretty substantive imbalance in my Blessing 2 @ 5kHz-ish so I took a closer look and sure enough the filter material in the tube was loose which I guess is the cause. Any ideas what to do about this?

1595606309191.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back