Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #4,607 of 12,007
Got my Moondrop Nameless and spaceship today. Sounds like Moondrop tried to emulate the same sound in the nameless in the spaceship, however I actually like the nameless more despite being an earbud instead of an iem ( smaller soundstage and grainier highs in the spaceship compared to the nameless). Spaceship is however a nice iem with very good mids ( very good actually), good highs ( for the price) and clean lows ( too little bass quantity for my taste but it is tight and clean). Different from the KXXS but still a bit familiar.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #4,608 of 12,007
Some pictures I took on the Spaceship.

20200211_125209.jpg

20200211_124339.jpg

20200211_124621.jpg

20200211_124658.jpg

20200211_124742.jpg

20200211_124953.jpg

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #4,609 of 12,007
How would you compare the starfield to fdx1?

The frequency response with the FD-X1 is more linear than the Starfield, and the technicalities are an improvement as well. While I'm not happy with the default tuning of either IEM, the FD-X1 is absolutely worth the effort of dialing in a proper EQ setting. With EQ, it is the best IEM I've ever heard. Granted, I haven't spent enough time with the Starfield, but I don't know how effective EQ would be at putting it at the same level as the FD-X1.

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #4,610 of 12,007
Hey guys,

I read a lot of reviews about the Kanas Pro and if I go after it, this could be the perfect IEM for me.

But unfortunately you can't buy them anywhere no more so I have to look for another IEMs.

So I wrote in the Moondrop thread because maybe someone can recommend IEMs in the same price range that a very similar to the Kanas Pro (relaxed listening, laid back, good bass etc.).

I have the Stagediver 3 (which are a little bit too dull and muffled) and the Shuoer Tape (which are to trebly and fatiguing).

Thanks. :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #4,611 of 12,007
Hey guys,

I read a lot of reviews about the Kanas Pro and if I go after it, this could be the perfect IEM for me.

But unfortunately you can't buy them anywhere no more so I have to look for another IEMs.

So I wrote in the Moondrop thread because maybe someone can recommend IEMs in the same price range that a very similar to the Kanas Pro (relaxed listening, laid back, good bass etc.).

I have the Stagediver 3 (which are a little bit too dull and muffled) and the Shuoer Tape (which are to trebly and fatiguing).

You can actually go for Starfield since they have similar sound signature & also in cheaper price than Kanas Pro since they have been retired by Moondrop itself.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #4,612 of 12,007
Hey guys,

You can look into picking up the Starfield as it's the closest sibling to the Kanas Pro that Moondrop is currently making. But if you are at all interested, I'd watch a bunch of BGGAR's YouTube reviews. His schtick can go a little overboard sometimes, but I can't think of anyone who reviews as many affordable but good Chi-fi IEMs as he does. He's currently low-key obsessed with the "chopped-off" Harman curve, which is a very friendly, versatile tuning, and sounds a bit like what you're describing.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #4,613 of 12,007
anyone with the s8 can put an opinion on it? im curious after watching it on z review

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #4,614 of 12,007
Tbh, 100 hours of burn in was recommended by the manufacturer but to me, around a week of listening with around 4-5 hours of listening session a day has been pretty enough.

Since they are pretty balanced sounding type, it may sound bland unlike u/v shape sounding iem. But what I was looking for in Starfield are mostly the technicalities, timbre & such. However, they still got pretty amount of bass to make it not to sound too boring imo.
They took just about a week for me to change from “is this itl” to “now I hear them opening up” and now they are golden sounding. So much better personality now, lovely bass thats nicely controlled and high end detail and sparkle.
I was ready to sell them with a buyer ready and the past couple days they just started blowing me away. The tonality is excellent, I love music that you can just sort of float on, its a weird concept, but electronic music is so incredible to listen to nowadays. These are most definitely keepers!

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #4,615 of 12,007
There was somthing about a 50mm moondrop headphone thing. Is there some new news about that ?

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #4,616 of 12,007
The frequency response with the FD-X1 is more linear than the Starfield, and the technicalities are an improvement as well. While I'm not happy with the default tuning of either IEM, the FD-X1 is absolutely worth the effort of dialing in a proper EQ setting. With EQ, it is the best IEM I've ever heard. Granted, I haven't spent enough time with the Starfield, but I don't know how effective EQ would be at putting it at the same level as the FD-X1.
Could you please share your EQ for the JVC ?

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #4,617 of 12,007
Hello everyone, i just want to share my thoughts on Blessing 2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b2z_5ejKVsjLF5bpsHHhgfSoumwU-NCa2IkLpP9LQ_g/edit?usp=sharing

I owned these for around 3weeks now i enjoy it so much.

IMO one of the best moondrop i tried (tried everything beside S8 and Solis)

Most of my reference point is the Sony M7 and M9 and Z1R because IMO they are the top performer in their price category

As for the review dont take it too seriously. It wasnt meant to be super serious just my thoughts on it

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #4,618 of 12,007
Hello everyone, i just want to share my thoughts on Blessing 2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b2z_5ejKVsjLF5bpsHHhgfSoumwU-NCa2IkLpP9LQ_g/edit?usp=sharing

I owned these for around 3weeks now i enjoy it so much.

IMO one of the best moondrop i tried (tried everything beside S8 and Solis)

Most of my reference point is the Sony M7 and M9 and Z1R because IMO they are the top performer in their price category

Interesting, good write up. Have you by chance ever heard the audiosense t800? Ive been waiting for a comparison of tbe 2. Really interested in the blessing 2 and the upcoming 6 ba + dd hybrid from audiosense in june. I like the moondrop kpe, but honestly liked my sony ex1k more in the end so didnt see a point in keeping both. But i did like moondrops tuning and performance, so the hybrid really caught my eye, although the original blessing did not. Seems like they made some solid changes to the 2.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #4,619 of 12,007
Interesting, good write up. Have you by chance ever heard the audiosense t800? Ive been waiting for a comparison of tbe 2. Really interested in the blessing 2 and the upcoming 6 ba + dd hybrid from audiosense in june. I like the moondrop kpe, but honestly liked my sony ex1k more in the end so didnt see a point in keeping both.

Nope i dont have audiosense t800

But what i do have is sony exk, for classical and orchestra exk handsdown win easily. And that bass texture is second to only z1r

But for everyday usage and other genre that has vocals i prefer my blessing 2 over my exk And as of now my exk is not used for 2 weeks (mainly because i've been branching out to k-pop and soon will trying some other asian pop)

But blessing 2 is what i call respectable top performer

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #4,620 of 12,007
Nope i dont have audiosense t800

But what i do have is sony exk, for classical and orchestra exk handsdown win easily. And that bass texture is second to only z1r

But for everyday usage and other genre that has vocals i prefer my blessing 2 over my exk And as of now my exk is not used for 2 weeks (mainly because i've been branching out to k-pop and soon will trying some other asian pop)

But blessing 2 is what i call respectable top performer

Ya if i could find a hybrid that has the soundstage and bass of the ex1k, but fuller more textured mids, and more detailed highs like you get with a good BA setup, i would be "done". You just made the blessing 2 even more appealing to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back