Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #4,621 of 12,011
Ya if i could find a hybrid that has the soundstage and bass of the ex1k, but fuller more textured mids, and more detailed highs like you get with a good BA setup, i would be "done". You just made the blessing 2 even more appealing to me

Sadly those simple doesnt exist hahahaha

While exk have width its doesnt have depth. While blessing have depth like acoustune iem.

And while it doesnt have the width it totally make up for it with its imaging and layering capability.

As of details imo about the same level of detail and maybe more resolving since the sage is not as wide as exk.

As for bass, it just not as good as exk. But it does slam, rumble, have some decay tight and controlled. I feel its pretty adequate bass. Acceptable level and my friend who uses z1r feels the same way about it.

I wont be making stupid claims that its better than some of the top of the top iems like z1r, u12t, etc

But overall package its pretty compeling and DD bass just irreplaceable for me BA doesnt come close on replicating this kind of response. Thats why i cant move on to a ciem regardless how good BA is it will never come close to a well implemented DD and this is a really well implemented DD for a hybrid.

Jesus i sounded like a mega shill, but yeah if u are going to can jam NY u can demo blessing 2 there since i dont advertise blind buying unless there is no other way

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4,623 of 12,011
Feb 16, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #4,628 of 12,011
your loss!!

I just have an issue paying 850 to a company whos other iems seem to have QC issues and a decent amount of driver failures. That, and that type of tri brid setup is still really new, which will typically be further perfected within a few years with possible better quality and lesser cost. Im in no rush to buy the latest tech pieces at a premium price. Would love to hear a set though, but have no way to test a pair.

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #4,630 of 12,011
Sadly those simple doesnt exist hahahaha

While exk have width its doesnt have depth. While blessing have depth like acoustune iem.

And while it doesnt have the width it totally make up for it with its imaging and layering capability.

As of details imo about the same level of detail and maybe more resolving since the sage is not as wide as exk.

As for bass, it just not as good as exk. But it does slam, rumble, have some decay tight and controlled. I feel its pretty adequate bass. Acceptable level and my friend who uses z1r feels the same way about it.

I wont be making stupid claims that its better than some of the top of the top iems like z1r, u12t, etc

But overall package its pretty compeling and DD bass just irreplaceable for me BA doesnt come close on replicating this kind of response. Thats why i cant move on to a ciem regardless how good BA is it will never come close to a well implemented DD and this is a really well implemented DD for a hybrid.

Jesus i sounded like a mega shill, but yeah if u are going to can jam NY u can demo blessing 2 there since i dont advertise blind buying unless there is no other way

YA BA bass on its own i dont think can ever truly be full. Maybe some totl sets i dont know. That's precisely why im seeking a multi BA plus dynamic hybrid like the blessing 2. Thanks for your thoughts, and comparison to an iem that i know very very well.

Feb 18, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #4,631 of 12,011
really enjoying the starfield. It has great resolution, separation and clarity.
Though I would like to have a little less upper mids in the tuning.

I know the blessing 2 has a similar tuning. How much of an upgrade is the blessing 2 actually?

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #4,632 of 12,011

I know the blessing 2 has a similar tuning. How much of an upgrade is the blessing 2 actually?
Quiet a significant upgrade for me.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #4,634 of 12,011

You could try a simple mod with 3M Micropore tape as described in the JVC FD01 thread to reduce the upper mid energy. I don’t know how it would work on the Starfield but it works great for the FD02!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/post-15455206

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #4,635 of 12,011
would you consider the tonal balance to be almost identical?
And the blessing 2 offering even better technicalities?

From what I've read, blessing 2 has "recessed" bass [lol]. Humor aside, I've been looking for something to improve upon the flc8s' clear- clear- gold combination. I'm so close from pulling the trigger. Which supplier can guarantee fast shipment at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back