Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #3,676 of 11,979
The Chief chillin' with his new hair driers. Anyone need a blast of hot air?

P1012945.JPG

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,677 of 11,979
I just got the Moondrop A8. Will post some impressions once I recieve them.

I’m a big fan of the Diffuse-Field and Harman sound signature so I’m hoping these will work out. The product description indicates they put a lot of work into eliminating phasing and channel imbalance issues so I’m happy about that because I notice that immediately. Also hoping it’s comfortable.

We will see ~

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,680 of 11,979
I had the same impression of Spaceship vs E1000. It seems Moondrop is coming on strong within the budge area with build aesthetics, and quality of the sound you get for little money. I notice you have both Black and White MH755. Have you measured both to see if they have different response? I notice Black is warmer responsed of the two I have. More bass lift and steeper treble drop-off.

That's interesting. I have both the black and white MH755 and noticed the same thing. My black ones should be genuine (they weigh like genuine ones and I popped them open to inspect). I just assumed it was due to QC issues and different sample variations.

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #3,683 of 11,979
While the KXXS I just received sounds phenomenal...probably better than the No.3 I'm comparing it to, I just can't keep them in my ears because of the weight. They easily slide out even when I use the same tips I use on the No.3s. So I guess I'm sticking with the No.3s...they just fit better (oh and have more sub bass lol).

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,684 of 11,979
While the KXXS I just received sounds phenomenal...probably better than the No.3 I'm comparing it to, I just can't keep them in my ears because of the weight. They easily slide out even when I use the same tips I use on the No.3s. So I guess I'm sticking with the No.3s...they just fit better (oh and have more sub bass lol).
get some cable with ear hooks

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #3,688 of 11,979
I haven't read any previous posts from this thread so I might have missed this but: I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the KXXS not having a lip on the nozzle. I've been fishing loose tips from my ears all day. I would have thought that with their previous experience they would not overlook small details like this.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,690 of 11,979
I haven't read any previous posts from this thread so I might have missed this but: I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the KXXS not having a lip on the nozzle. I've been fishing loose tips from my ears all day. I would have thought that with their previous experience they would not overlook small details like this.
How do you find the vocals and soundstage on these compared to other higher iems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back