Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #3,661 of 12,007
About time someone else got the A8s! How do you like em?

[edit] I think the 2 pins you have installed are backwards on there? The positive pin is towards the back of the iem, the highest point.

I don’t think it’s on backwards. Each side of the cable has a blue dot to mark negative pin. So the negative is facing front of IEM. This cable also has preformed hooks. Also it sounds correct to me. Nothing out of phase.

In regards to the sound. I love these very much. They are very resolving and have high clarity. I was also impressed with the soundstage and instrument separation. BA bass is clean but doesn’t have the rumble i like from dynamic driver. I personally would have liked a couple more dB boost as well (nothing EQ can’t do). My one complaint is that they are bulky. The bulkiest IEM I ever owned. They isolate well but can get uncomfortable (to my ears) after a while.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #3,668 of 12,007
Anybody that reads Chinese can translate this (This is for Moondrop A8)? It says 'minimum phase,' and I was wondering what details are written there about that. Does this mean phase is flat? If that is the case, impedance response should be flat, but I doubt because it's BA.

moondrop a8.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #3,669 of 12,007
on my kxxs are no dots how to spot thhesse

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #3,670 of 12,007
on my kxxs are no dots how to spot thhesse
For pre-formed, over ear cables: as long as you match up the "R"/red earpiece with the respective "R"/red cable, they'll only fit your ear correctly, one way. Specific to earpieces that have bass (like the KXXS) , if you don't hear any low end, they're out of phase.

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #3,671 of 12,007
Anybody that reads Chinese can translate this (This is for Moondrop A8)? It says 'minimum phase,' and I was wondering what details are written there about that. Does this mean phase is flat? If that is the case, impedance response should be flat, but I doubt because it's BA.

Here is the measurement phase and impedance. Not quite like the advertised minimum phase graph, but It's probably one of the best phase response of a multi-BA I've seen. You're going to lose some bass at high output impedance, and higher you go, treble will get much more prominent. As always, stay closest to 0 output impedance for BA.

Moondrop A8 phase.png

Jul 20, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,672 of 12,007
KXXS very good for pop and for female vocals if you like vocals slightly on the brighter side
IMG_20190720_204015.jpg

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,673 of 12,007
KXXS very good for pop and for female vocals if you like vocals slightly on the brighter side
and old school hip. what cable are you using ?

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #3,674 of 12,007
Jul 21, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #3,675 of 12,007

I posted a comparison review between the Moondrop Spaceship, Final Audio E1000, and briefly the Sony MH755 and Focal Spark just now: https://www.antdroid.net/2019/07/moondrop-spaceship-vs-final-audio-e1000.html

It's also posted on the HeadFi Spaceship reviews page too!
I had the same impression of Spaceship vs E1000. It seems Moondrop is coming on strong within the budge area with build aesthetics, and quality of the sound you get for little money. I notice you have both Black and White MH755. Have you measured both to see if they have different response? I notice Black is warmer responsed of the two I have. More bass lift and steeper treble drop-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back