Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 17, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,566 of 11,982

Did anyone else in Singapore receive their KXXS today?

More pics:

Nice photos! Glad they beefed up the accessories on this product.

May 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,567 of 11,982
How much better are the oxygens compared to the KPE? Can you compare them briefly?

Similar but a bit more resolving, less sub-bass, less bass overall too, a bit thicker lower midrange, no upper treble peak, not overdone in any way and more polite than the KP.

May 17, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #2,568 of 11,982
I was a bit surprised to find this in my mail today. It sounds rad! :D

I'll take it through the paces and post my impressions soon. :)

mmexport1558094146644.jpg

May 17, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,573 of 11,982
Similar but a bit more resolving, less sub-bass, less bass overall too, a bit thicker lower midrange, no upper treble peak, not overdone in any way and more polite than the KP.
Right up my alley. I wish the KPE had more upper bass and lower mids. Also, I want to keep that peak. It gives air to the presentation and does nothing wrong. I am confused what to buy now. The JVC FD 02 or the oxygens. Anyway, thank you for your input.

May 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #2,574 of 11,982
Right up my alley. I wish the KPE had more upper bass and lower mids. Also, I want to keep that peak. It gives air to the presentation and does nothing wrong. I am confused what to buy now. The JVC FD 02 or the oxygens. Anyway, thank you for your input.

From what I gather (people needing to mod the FD02) and knowing a bit JVC's house sound by having the FX-850, it's likely the upper midrange is quite aggressive with the FD02 whereas it's relaxed with Oxygen, a bit more so than KP, Oxygens don't feel like they lack air or clarity however.

May 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #2,575 of 11,982
From what I gather (people needing to mod the FD02) and knowing a bit JVC's house sound by having the FX-850, it's likely the upper midrange is quite aggressive with the FD02 whereas it's relaxed with Oxygen, a bit more so than KP, Oxygens don't feel like they lack air or clarity however.
If that's the case, going with the oxygen is the safer choice.

May 17, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #2,576 of 11,982
"Sounds" like too polite and dare I even say "boring" :expressionless:

Personally I`m rather wondering how KXXS measures and compares to KPE. Hope they haven`t gone for same signature as Oxygens.

May 17, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,577 of 11,982

Personally I`m rather wondering how KXXS measures and compares to KPE. Hope they haven`t gone for same signature as Oxygens.
Boring is subjective. Mature laidback sound to one is musical, while to the other is boring. I am definitely in the former category.

May 17, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,578 of 11,982

As I said, nothing is overdone, so they are polite, yes, but not to the point of being boring. :wink:

May 17, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #2,579 of 11,982
Boring is subjective. Mature laidback sound to one is musical, while to the other is boring. I am definitely in the former category.

Also, I think tips really play an important role for Oxygen due to the shorter nozzle. I've been reading really mixed opinions about the Oxygen's bass here so I went ahead and ordered a pair so I can figure it out by myself with my kind of music and ears haha.

audio123:
https://audio123reviews.com/2019/04/01/tanchjim-oxygen/4/

The Oxygen has more sub-bass quantity than the Kanas Pro and there is better extension. The sub-bass reproduction on the Oxygen provides a stronger rumble. The bass decay on the Oxygen is quicker and the extra agility gives it the edge. The bass texture on the Oxygen is rendered with additional smoothness. The mid-bass on the Oxygen is delivered in a punchy manner with a tighter slam. Each bass note on the Oxygen is articulated with strength and the impact is brought out well. The bass response on the Kanas Pro is softer than the Oxygen with a less full expression. The midrange of the Oxygen is smoother and full-bodied. The lower midrange on the Oxygen has more quantity than the Kanas Pro which results in male vocals sounding thicker with additional presence. The upper midrange of the Oxygen is slightly more forward and female vocals are expressed in an intimate manner. Emotions are conveyed well and vocals benefit. Next, the treble extension is quite similar. The presentation on the Oxygen is more engaging. The Oxygen has greater amount of air with a more defined crisp. The sparkle injected on the Oxygen contributes to the overall liveliness. Lastly, in terms of soundstage, both expands naturally. The Oxygen has greater width magnitude. The depth on the Kanas Pro is more closed in.

IryxBRO:
https://marketchangers.wordpress.com/audioreviews/moondrop-kanas-pro-reasonable-hype-great-sound/
Sound: here comes the battle. For me, Tanchjim Oxygen is the best model among all IEMs despite the cost, amount of drivers or fit. It sounds so good with HiBY R6Pro DAP that I don’t care about minor shortcomings of this model. And no — Kanas Pro is not a competitor. All pros of Kanas Pro should be multiplied while all cons should be removed to form and describe the sound of Tanchjim Oxygen. Bass extension is deeper, excellent texturing on lows, even more body to mids, similarly warm timbre, less accented treble while the clarity and extension stays the same, better instrument separation… Just more balanced and neutral sound with the same virtues. If not the problems with fit — I would shout about Oxygen superiority in $0-300 range at each corner… Anyway, logical outcome and unfair comparison again because Kanas Pro IEMs are significantly cheaper.

Also, few users on Tanchjim thread who got both models always go more towards the Oxygen side, so I think it's a safe bet.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,580 of 11,982
Also, I think tips really play an important role for Oxygen due to the shorter nozzle. I've been reading really mixed opinions about the Oxygen's bass here so I went ahead and ordered a pair so I can figure it out by myself with my kind of music and ears haha.

audio123:

IryxBRO:

Also, few users on Tanchjim thread who got both models always go more towards the Oxygen side, so I think it's a safe bet.
Thank you for the additional impressions. I am all set to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back