Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 12, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #2,521 of 11,980
This might sound like an odd question, but how do you think the Kanas Pro would sound as a home theater iem for movies and tv shows? Currently using philips x2 with a dac/amp but would like to set up a EarStudio Bluetooth Receiver with some IEMs (better for laying down while watching).

Would they be better than my current Westone W30s? Very specific question so sorry if it derails the discussion.

With the nice sub-bass and overall clarity in the KPE, it sounds very good with movies/tv. FYI, Switched to KZ "Starline" tips on the KPE to get better bass/seal myself...
- I have no experience with the W30.

May 13, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #2,524 of 11,980
Moondrop A8 with Lyre Acoustic Violet and Symbio W Peel eartips.
LRM_EXPORT_71109958177387_20190513_111955997.jpeg

May 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #2,526 of 11,980
I've sent my KPE back to the seller, the silica gel didn't work for me. Hope it'll get fixed for good! Aren't you able to do the same @Nabillion_786 ?

Good luck mate! I also needed to send it back to the seller. At least the good news is the seller shipped back my pair yesterday saying it's already fixed. It took about 2 weeks to repair it (also there was the labour holiday which delayed a bit too).

May 14, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #2,530 of 11,980
May 14, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #2,531 of 11,980
This is just silly from my part, but I've photoshopped this graph into the crinacle's FR just for the "lols":

1) It's not the same rig
2) It's not matched at 1 kHz
3) It's useless
4) Take with a huge grain of salt

The sub-bass looks stronger on KXXS but I don't know the compensation the guy used. At least it looks at the mids the peak has a different shape going towards Oxygen style more well-rounded shape.

Btw, on this bilibili.com posted above there are some KXXS' unboxing videos, really cool.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #2,532 of 11,980
This might sound like an odd question, but how do you think the Kanas Pro would sound as a home theater iem for movies and tv shows? Currently using philips x2 with a dac/amp but would like to set up a EarStudio Bluetooth Receiver with some IEMs (better for laying down while watching).

Would they be better than my current Westone W30s? Very specific question so sorry if it derails the discussion.
I think you can make the IEM work as a home theater system if you use sound virtualization.

May 14, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #2,533 of 11,980
This is just silly from my part, but I've photoshopped this graph into the crinacle's FR just for the "lols":

1) It's not the same rig
2) It's not matched at 1 kHz
3) It's useless
4) Take with a huge grain of salt

The sub-bass looks stronger on KXXS but I don't know the compensation the guy used. At least it looks at the mids the peak has a different shape going towards Oxygen style more well-rounded shape.

Btw, on this bilibili.com posted above there are some KXXS' unboxing videos, really cool.

Even taken with a huge grain of salt this is interesting. If the KXXS is really boosted more in the sub bass and 2,5kHz region I think I will pass.
I would have wished for a boost in the 200-600 region.

That said, Crinacle's measurement of the KPE looks different in the bass range from that posted on headflux. The Headflux graph is much closer to the KXXS in that range.

MoonDrop-Kanas-Pro-Edition-web-1649x817.png

May 14, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #2,534 of 11,980
That is hot. Any review of the A8?
IMO, A8 is in beast mode when it paired with Violet. It sounds richer, high is more extend and smooth, more lively. I almost sell my A8 when it still with stock cable. Sounds good, but feels like something empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back