Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #1,951 of 11,982
Does this KxxS shares the same shell and finishing like the KPE? By any chance did you get a chance to listen to the Amadeus too?

The KxxS has a similar metal and shaped shell to the kanas pro. The only difference is the faceplate has 3 angled cuts with unpolished edges and the KxxS name is on the side of the faceplate. Also the nozzle is missing the notch at the end but that might just be for the pre-production unit.

I didn't see the Amadeus, unfortunately

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #1,952 of 11,982
The KxxS has a similar metal and shaped shell to the kanas pro. The only difference is the faceplate has 3 angled cuts with unpolished edges and the KxxS name is on the side of the faceplate. Also the nozzle is missing the notch at the end but that might just be for the pre-production unit.

I didn't see the Amadeus, unfortunately
Which one did you prefer from the tanchjim oxygen and kxxs?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,953 of 11,982
HBB new top 5 ranking for March 2019 , S8F get a 1st place and A8 on 2nd , he also made a comparison video for these two iems , you can check this video on his YouTube channel .
HBB is known to like little more brightness in upper treble like DM6 has, just take his subjective taste into account.
I would get A8 instead You based off the graphs and call it done :wink:
Just put some spacer in my Kanas Pro . Oh my... Makes everything so much better. Stage and imaging improved a lot.
Listening to Principles of Lust.. a throwback for me as my dad used to blast enigma all day on his surround system when I was younger.
Before spacers imaging was quite muddled, there was a cue on positioning but not impressive enough. Things have cleared up a lot more. Will buy spinfits as soon as I can afford them ...
I told ya (everyone)! :wink:
Usually o-rings (or cutting off a ring shape from the tips' stem that you don't use anymore) then you place it on the nozzle before mounting the tip to get a deeper fit. It works great depending on the tips and the nozzle design.
I have basically same solution but my rubber ring goes also under tip barrel too, and thus provides firmer/tighter fit (at least to me)
9939957_l.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #1,954 of 11,982
Reporting back on the Crescent.
After comparing the Crescent to the MH755 and my modded JVC HA-FD02 I am impressed by the Crescent. Frequency response is very balanced and natural, and actually the transparency and detail is not that far from the JVC. Even the soundstage is good.
MH755 has a bit more bass (elevated) but mids are much more natural on the Crescent, and the bass quality of the Crescent is also much better, better texture and detail. Overall I am impressed what is possible for $30 and am happy I bought it. Maybe I’ll get more for family and friends.
$24 during the anniversary sale. I had to pick it up after reading this.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,955 of 11,982
as i was about to purchase aria, some dude want to sell his kanas pro to me for $140 (will meet him this week end to try it out).

its used, he use it for like 2 days and didn't really like how it sounded. the store he buying from gives 1 year warranty so its all good.

im excited for this, its basically new and its here instead of waiting for a month.

i hope i didn't make a mistake. (well not yet anyway we'll see how it goes this weekend)

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #1,956 of 11,982
as i was about to purchase aria, some dude want to sell his kanas pro to me for $140 (will meet him this week end to try it out).

its used, he use it for like 2 days and didn't really like how it sounded. the store he buying from gives 1 year warranty so its all good.

im excited for this, its basically new and its here instead of waiting for a month.

i hope i didn't make a mistake. (well not yet anyway we'll see how it goes this weekend)

Well, you are in a better position than 99% of us, you can listen to it before buying, and you are getting them used.
$24 during the anniversary sale. I had to pick it up after reading this.

Hope you will like it!
The Crescent has me a bit confused. At times it sounds great, and then I am disappointed. It seems to be difficult to achieve and maintain a good seal, and it reacts extremely strongly to that.
So make sure you get a good seal to hear what they can do!

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,957 of 11,982
It seems that KxxS still under go wire selection and final tuning, but it's a set that will fix pretty much all the current KPE complaints except for the fit.
MOONDROP Liebesleid 2 on the other hand has been fully finished and so far the listeners much prefer it over the KxxS (from recent Shanghai show). ANxVTH.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #1,959 of 11,982
I don't think I noticed anyone else owning the A8 in this thread. Am I going to be the only idiot?
Seen about 4-5 users with A8 in the thread including me.
Owning these transparent beauties since the January. When I got them I had almost at the same time Etymotic ER4SR, Dita Answer Truth and 64audio U6.
All these IEMs are very good and I liked them. However I stayed with Moondrop A8, it suits me better in every way.
Btw, A8's are mensioned in the latest CanJam 2019 video on head-fi YT channel
Timestamp: 1:11:24

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #1,961 of 11,982
Probably because the listeners claiming KxxS is a better version of KPE while Liebesleid 2 is more in the "take my money" catagory, blind buy approved. They also mentioned that there are 2 wire selection for Liebesleid 2 that changes the sound signature slightly.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #1,962 of 11,982
HBB is known to like little more brightness in upper treble like DM6 has, just take his subjective taste into account.
I would get A8 instead You based off the graphs and call it done :wink:

I told ya (everyone)! :wink:

I have basically same solution but my rubber ring goes also under tip barrel too, and thus provides firmer/tighter fit (at least to me)
9939957_l.jpg

Some people seem to want to wear their tips flush with the end of an IEM’s stem edge. @CoiL is right - at least to me it has been necessary to ensure good overlap between the end of the tip and the end of the IEM stem to get the right sound out of IEMs. The bass is much more present when you do this, not muddy or bloated, but sounding like it should. Try it, you have nothing to lose (other than maybe sacrificing a set of tip to creat the ring, but we all are awash in tips that don’t fit us anyway!). As much as anything else this helped kick up the bass on my KPE with triple dot tips. While I am not using a ring on my DM6, I did make sure that the tip has overlap - by bringing up the bass a bit it somewhat made the perceived treble take a step back, creating a better balance of the two.

I personally think that @CoiL has this recommendation nailed.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,963 of 11,982
I use Medium Comply T-200 on KPE. It is a very tight fit but it means that:

a) they will go nowhere, they will not budge, do what you want with them they are there for good :)
b) they sit this way that the driver is good 3mm inside the inner tube from the edge of the ear canal which gives great sound. No need for extra spacers for them to sit in perfect location in relation to the driver.

I have some spiral dots and NewBee on the way so I will try KPE with both.

Cheers

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #1,964 of 11,982
Some people seem to want to wear their tips flush with the end of an IEM’s stem edge. @CoiL is right - at least to me it has been necessary to ensure good overlap between the end of the tip and the end of the IEM stem to get the right sound out of IEMs. The bass is much more present when you do this, not muddy or bloated, but sounding like it should. Try it, you have nothing to lose (other than maybe sacrificing a set of tip to creat the ring, but we all are awash in tips that don’t fit us anyway!). As much as anything else this helped kick up the bass on my KPE with triple dot tips. While I am not using a ring on my DM6, I did make sure that the tip has overlap - by bringing up the bass a bit it somewhat made the perceived treble take a step back, creating a better balance of the two.

I personally think that @CoiL has this recommendation nailed.

Interesting - I was swopping tips on the Moondrop Crescent and going back to the ones Im happy with I found they didn't sound quite 'right' - I looked and saw the tips were indeed flush to the end of the stem
I pushed the tips forward a few mm and WoW! What a difference. Amazing what such a small change can do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back