Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #1,711 of 12,007
Ok, so, are they IEMs that many ppl have found be affected by "burn-in" and You also have completely new units to compare?
If You read on previous page, one user had clear difference when comparing IEM with thousands of hours vs. new pair.

I addressed this in paragraph 3 of section 1.2. Not going to go too deep into this, I wasn’t trying to debunk burn-in but rather explain my thought process on why I don’t believe in it.

Never heard something change drastically after burn-in and that’s my own personal experience. If someone else hears clear differences, that’s good for them but irrelevant in this case. If we were simply two random people on the internet, what makes his experiences more valid than mine or vice versa?

Mar 21, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #1,712 of 12,007
I addressed this in paragraph 3 of section 1.2. Not going to go too deep into this, I wasn’t trying to debunk burn-in but rather explain my thought process on why I don’t believe in it.

Never heard something change drastically after burn-in and that’s my own personal experience. If someone else hears clear differences, that’s good for them but irrelevant in this case. If we were simply two random people on the internet, what makes his experiences more valid than mine or vice versa?
Are we still talking about KPE - which many here find having "burn-in" effect and sound signature changing?

If I see another sale for KPE with price around 125€ like I got mine, will probably buy one for my wife cuz I think she deserves much better than ZSN.
Will then have opportunity to hear/compare and measure (like I said - wrong methodology imho) new vs. lot of hours KPE.

Anyway, don`t take me wrong - I`m not bashing Your opinion and experience but rather try to make ppl think about different aspects of possible burn-in.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #1,713 of 12,007
Are we still talking about KPE - which many here find having "burn-in" effect and sound signature changing?

If I see another sale for KPE with price around 125€ like I goty mine, will probably buy one for my wife cuz I think she deserves much better than ZSN.
Will then have opportunity to hear/compare and measure (like I said - wrong methodology imho) new vs. lot of hours KPE.

Anyway, don`t take me wrong - I`m not bashing Your opinion and experience but rather try to make ppl think about different aspects of possible burn-in.

Not referring to the KPE, I don’t have one.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,714 of 12,007
Sorry it took a few days. As I mentioned, this is from the Final E tip packaging. Attribution provided, no copyright markings so I think that we are good!!

great read, I got final tips E but never bother to read them lol.. I know that tight seal will increase bass, and I know that different depth insertion also effect sounds but I wasn't clear about what effect, I thought it will make sound clearer, but turn out (i assumed that suggestion is correct) it will make overall volume bigger a bit, and more balance on high mids, and make extension on high trebles expanded a bit.

Thanks for posting a good information like this!

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #1,716 of 12,007
Kanas Pro owners, what tips give the best combination of isolation and even treble response without roll-off? I'm looking at that big 11 - 12 kHz peak and the 7 kHz valley, as seen in @antdroid's measurements in his review.

What peak? What Valley?
Ignore the graph. Stick a pair in your ears and enjoy an even, smooth fairly neutral, light experience
As far as tips go - depends on what Im playing them through. The Sony MDR (black with coloured stems) tis work well, KZ foam tips work.

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,717 of 12,007
Kanas Pro owners, what tips give the best combination of isolation and even treble response without roll-off? I'm looking at that big 11 - 12 kHz peak and the 7 kHz valley, as seen in @antdroid's measurements in his review.
Agree with above, just listen with Your own ears because some measurement rig does NOT equal Your hearing! FR graphs are just to show relative frequency quantities which help to choose "correct" IEM for Your hearing and preferences.

I like that KPE has valley @ 8kHz and earlier roll-off of highs than 6kHz as I`m sensitive to 6.2-7.5kHz and 8kHz is typical cause of sibilance/harshness for most ppl.
11-12kHz "peak" imho isn`t so big in real life and it doesn`t cause issues, rather expands soundstage and gives "air" to music.

EDIT:

Btw, HHB graphs @ Blessing / Kanas Pro / A8 ->

KPE is pretty similar to A8 graphs O_o

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,720 of 12,007
Hi,
Anyone suggest the silicone tips for these or what is the nozzle size?
First of all, what IEM are You talking about? This is Moondrop thread and which model are You talking about?

If You are talking about Kanas Pro, then read backwards few pages. Lot of info.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #1,722 of 12,007
Just about to collect the kpe from my local post office. Ahh the chills running through my body!!!

Put a jacket on love, maybe a hat as well then :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,724 of 12,007

Users who are viewing this thread

Back