Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #1,517 of 11,979
Just got my Blessing a few days ago, really enjoying them so far! What I hear is a little lower bass boost, and some higher end boost as well, really no surprise from the FR graphs I've seen. Very airy and detailed. Letting them burn before PEQ to neutral, but surprised I liked the plain sound this much.
In your opinion, is the sound
smooth enough or is somewhat fatiguing?
Do you have the Kanas Pro for Comparation?

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,519 of 11,979
I decided to re-terminate my KPE stock cable jack with Neutrik NTP3RC angled jack (I hate straight jacks for my needs) and got little better measurements.
Just for information, copper strands are used for ground (2x per channel) and silver (tin plated?) for L/R channel (2x per channel).
L&R ground = 0.5 Ohm (before was between 0.7-0.8 Ohm)
L channel = 0.3 Ohm (before was between 0.7-0.8 Ohm)
R channel = 0.3 Ohm (before was between 0.7-0.8 Ohm)

Seems I do not need to buy new cable after all :)

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,522 of 11,979
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #1,523 of 11,979
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,524 of 11,979
Out of curiosity, has any KPE's owner also gotten one side suddenly getting quieter and then after a while it back sounding normal again? I posted my problem on reddit some time ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...est_iem_problem_that_i_got_can_anyone_relate/

The best reply that I got:

Here's the video when the problem shows up:

Dude, it's getting annoying. Today I couldn't enjoy it because of the channel imbalance so I need to put it to rest so this imbalance can go away (probably due to moisture). Probably I'm going to buy some UV dryer dehumidifier or silica gel. But since I didn't see any report about it I think I'm the only one who got this problem. Unlucky :/

I am getting the same issue with the Crescent if I wear them cable over the ear. The only part that touches my ears is the silicone tip which is insulating so the metal body is always colder causing condensation to build up on the screen and affect the sound after about an hour or so. If I wear them cable down, the metal body is resting against the lower part of my ear which keeps them at body temperature and the problem doesn't appear. You might have the same issue, make sure the metal body has a good contact surface with your ear to keep them warm and avoid condensation.

If you are exercising with them, keeping them warm might not be enough to avoid moisture. This screen model gets blocked by moisture pretty fast. I was having a similar problem with another IEM that I was using at the gym and the solution was to replace the screen with one that doesn't clog.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #1,525 of 11,979
Just got my Blessing a few days ago, really enjoying them so far! What I hear is a little lower bass boost, and some higher end boost as well, really no surprise from the FR graphs I've seen. Very airy and detailed. Letting them burn before PEQ to neutral, but surprised I liked the plain sound this much.

Nice impressions on the Blessing, I'm anxiously awaiting my KPEs from Penon audio but I would like to try this PEQ to neutral on my original IT01s in the meantime. Can you explain the process, thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,526 of 11,979
I am getting the same issue with the Crescent if I wear them cable over the ear. The only part that touches my ears is the silicone tip which is insulating so the metal body is always colder causing condensation to build up on the screen and affect the sound after about an hour or so. If I wear them cable down, the metal body is resting against the lower part of my ear which keeps them at body temperature and the problem doesn't appear. You might have the same issue, make sure the metal body has a good contact surface with your ear to keep them warm and avoid condensation.

If you are exercising with them, keeping them warm might not be enough to avoid moisture. This screen model gets blocked by moisture pretty fast. I was having a similar problem with another IEM that I was using at the gym and the solution was to replace the screen with one that doesn't clog.
Same problem here. They start playing quiter after an hour or two. I am right now testing your method with keeping contact surface with them.
Edit: It works!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,527 of 11,979
Thanks! The shipping is more than the eartips but still quite cheap, if the spiral dots don't work out I might try them. Thanks also to whoever mentioned the tip for stopping the spiral dots slipping up the nozzle, that would be a deal breaker.

Yes, best of luck to you too. I'll post again if I find something that works for both sound quality and comfort. Foam is great once you have it in but it's annoying if you have to remove them to talk to someone or whatever, takes ages to get them seated properly again.

Instead of everyone buying new tips to try all the time it would be great if there was a big box of eartips that we posted around for trial purposes. Would save a fortune!

I now have New Bee, Spinfit 145, and Final E tips, and waiting on the JVC spiral dots...

So far liking the New Bee the most as they have the biggest opening and are slightly longer for better insertion. All the tips fit on the Kanas Pro stem, but the other tips have a smaller opening for the sound which to me makes them just a bit brighter and tones down the bass - not what I was looking for... will keep experimenting with these, and the spiral dots when they arrive.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #1,528 of 11,979
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #1,529 of 11,979
...but the other tips have a smaller opening for the sound which to me makes them just a bit brighter and tones down the bass
WUT?!? O_o

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,530 of 11,979
Do You know any good nylon-grills instead steel that fit for KP? Not that I need but would like to have some and then I could do measurements against my custom nozzle grills.

Nylon? Unfortunately no (at least on Aliexpress). Although, there are cotton-ish/paper-ish similar to the RE-400's filters option.

Isn't the red mesh of ZS3 and some old KZs nylon though? But since you're into DIY folding a thick square and using leather punch tool might be easier and cheaper haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back