Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #512 of 11,979
Beat me to posting this here; this price beats even the current sale prices on aliexpress (I know because I just made on order for these on aliexpress lol)
Not. I got mine from AE for 126€ which is about 143.5 $. But it is out of stock with that price for now. But 155$ is good price anyway. KP sales have gone up crazy, hope it doesn`t affect quality.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #513 of 11,979
Looks like the plating is crap, seen this too many times ordering watch parts from Chinese factories. Salt from sweat is usually the culprit on waerable parts. Not much you can do. Works for me though cause I liked the regular Kanas unplated brushed finish anyway so I was planning to use my watch refinishing tools to give it a brushed finish anyway. If it gets really bad, you can give it a brushed finish with a watch refinishing pad or even a scotch brite. Practice with another part first cause it takes little bit of practice to keep the lines paralel and not make a total mess. Lay the pad on a table and drag the part across it in one direction keeping the strokes paralel. If you want a good polishing paste Simichrome 390050 All Metal Polish is good stuff, got better results than jewelers rouge or diamond paste. I use it on all my watches.
Don't forget to tape all the vent holes.
I'll see what i can do to give it a brushed look, since i am also not a fan of the shiny, reflective look. Thanks for the advice.
interesting, i read in the Oppo pm3 thread one guy from a tropical region was showing his oppo pm3 falling apart, pads, headband, one month of use
I'd probably weep in sorrow if i was in his shoes lol.

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #514 of 11,979
Each day that passes i antecipate my kanas a little more, having a hard time thinking if a grab tin audio t2 backup or a moondrop crescent to use on the bus and such - i live in dangerous country, and i often lose things

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #515 of 11,979
Each day that passes i antecipate my kanas a little more, having a hard time thinking if a grab tin audio t2 backup or a moondrop crescent to use on the bus and such - i live in dangerous country, and i often lose things

Hope you’ll get them soon!
For commute you could pick up some Sony MH1, they are really cheap and you could get some spares too...

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #516 of 11,979
Hope you’ll get them soon!
For commute you could pick up some Sony MH1, they are really cheap and you could get some spares too...
Those mh1 are amazing for the price. I use them in work all the time

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #518 of 11,979
@chickenmoon Speaking of the Kpros, how does it compare to the 01S so far? I'm sure a few of us here are quite interested in your findings. :)

The IT01S cable is amazing, I can't get enough handling it. :wink:

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #520 of 11,979
The IT01S cable is amazing, I can't get enough handling it. :wink:

I would also be very interested on your comparison of the KPE and IT01s.
I listened to the recording from Bad Guy Good Audio again (through KPE and Mojo), and the KPE sounds really bad in it.
Compared it to the original track, which sounded much more balanced and smoother.

Honestly, in that recording I really prefer the IT01s over the KPE.
Simply based on that recording, the IT01s sounds fuller and warmer than the KPE - is that also what you hear?

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #521 of 11,979
I would also be very interested on your comparison of the KPE and IT01s.
I listened to the recording from Bad Guy Good Audio again (through KPE and Mojo), and the KPE sounds really bad in it.
Compared it to the original track, which sounded much more balanced and smoother.

Honestly, in that recording I really prefer the IT01s over the KPE.
Simply based on that recording, the IT01s sounds fuller and warmer than the KPE - is that also what you hear?
Do You know that #1 is iBasso and #2 is Kanas Pro in that video? Second sample (which is KP) is much fuller and warmer to my ears (tried with different IEMs and setups) than IT01S.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #522 of 11,979
Do You know that #1 is iBasso and #2 is Kanas Pro in that video? Second sample (which is KP) is much fuller and warmer to my ears (tried with different IEMs and setups) than IT01S.

Yes, I am aware of it.
Interesting... I hear the IT01s having fuller mid bass and mids, especially the voice sounds pleasently full and warmish, where the KPE has a much punchier (low) bass, thin, brighter and shouty mids (voice) and tinny treble.
Listening to the linked original track sounds much smoother and much more balanced, but the basic character with quite bright voices is maintained.
All that listened to through PC - Chord Mojo - KPE with custom silicone tips.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #523 of 11,979
Yes, I am aware of it.
Interesting... I hear the IT01s having fuller mid bass and mids, especially the voice sounds pleasently full and warmish, where the KPE has a much punchier (low) bass, thin, brighter and shouty mids (voice) and tinny treble.
Listening to the linked original track sounds much smoother and much more balanced, but the basic character with quite bright voices is maintained.
All that listened to through PC - Chord Mojo - KPE with custom silicone tips.

I agree. Listening to the N3 sample, which I have, it keeps the character of the voices pretty well in the way the IEM tilts the sound from original, and N3 does voices really organic and natural, I like them. The KP seems to be going in the other direction tilting the voices towards honky and bright from original.
Someone from the IT01S thread was also saying this, the IT01s is more real.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #524 of 11,979
Hmmm... and someone at other place said opposite, IT01S being more v-shaped and not so present mids, along with more prominent mid-bass and more raised highs.
I rather believe in latter (by some impressions and graphs) but actually hearing difference is other thing - still waiting for my KP to arrive. Will chime in when I get it.

Could it also be from source gear match? KP should be very revealing to source differences and maybe some users get "too bright" matchup for KP ?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #525 of 11,979
I agree. Listening to the N3 sample, which I have, it keeps the character of the voices pretty well in the way the IEM tilts the sound from original, and N3 does voices really organic and natural, I like them. The KP seems to be going in the other direction tilting the voices towards honky and bright from original.
Someone from the IT01S thread was also saying this, the IT01s is more real.

It is a good idea to compare the sound (of the original track) with other phones! I only have my B&O H6 Gen 2 at the office and gave it a quick listen.
The voice reproduction on the B&O and the KPE sounds very similar, the KPE makes the voice a bit fuller, and there is nothing bright and honky at all comparing to the B&O.
Honestly this track is very different to what I usually listen to and therefore it's really difficult to relate to the voice, that is so different from what I am used to.

That comparison is interesting, but also misleading if you have no reference and I am really glad I didn't hear it before ordering the KPE, because it might have scared me off.
And I am extremely happy with that purchase, even thinking of getting a second pair :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Qins
Back