Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #481 of 12,007
Just got mine right now.
Can't lie, that sound quality is so money.
Glad you like them! And they’ll be getting better! Tip rolling and burn in will bring out even better SQ :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #482 of 12,007
That cable looks nice!
The KPE sure shows what’s upstream, so if your source sounds better balanced they’ll deliver that! :ksc75smile:
What source are you using? And can you re-post the cable name? The Aliexpress link doesn’t work for me...

It’s the OKCSC 0.78 2 pin 2.5mm cable. Doesn’t really have a marketing name. I’m using a Fiio Q5 as my source.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #484 of 12,007
Can someone tell me more about the male vocals on these? I opted for the ostry kc07 (was good but became faulty all of a sudden) instead of these because someone on massdrop who had both said that the kpe is not that good for male vocals which is not good because I need both male and female sounding great for watching stuff.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #486 of 12,007
Can someone tell me more about the male vocals on these? I opted for the ostry kc07 (was good but became faulty all of a sudden) instead of these because someone on massdrop who had both said that the kpe is not that good for male vocals which is not good because I need both male and female sounding great for watching stuff.
Personally, I think both male and female vocals sound just fine. Balanced well with the rest of the music as determined by the miking during recording. The KPE delivers masterful imaging and depth of soundstage, vocals fall right into place in the mix.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #487 of 12,007
Out of curiosity, how's your KPE aging, guys? I've noticed mine isn't that shiny anymore and the top is getting kind of a matte finish. (1 month of usage)
My Kpe is probably the same as yours. I speculated that the cause could be due to oxidation and its slowly spreading over the entire iem (in my case). I took the opportunity to contact the seller and well, even the manufacturer doesn't know anything about it, according to the seller. I just hope it isn't anything serious and that i maybe wrong about the housing being oxidized lol.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #488 of 12,007
My Kpe is probably the same as yours. I speculated that the cause could be due to oxidation and its slowly spreading over the entire iem (in my case). I took the opportunity to contact the seller and well, even the manufacturer doesn't know anything about it, according to the seller. I just hope it isn't anything serious and that i maybe wrong about the housing being oxidized lol.

Pictures?

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #489 of 12,007
Out of curiosity, how's your KPE aging, guys? I've noticed mine isn't that shiny anymore and the top is getting kind of a matte finish. (1 month of usage)
Maybe you can try polishing the top if you want to keep it shiny? I don't know if regular silver polisher will work for it though, not sure what the right polisher is for zinc magnesium...

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #491 of 12,007
Pictures?
3Kgx7Qw.jpg

3Kgx7Qw

3Kgx7Qw

Any possible solutions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_121719.jpg
    IMG_20190117_121719.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #492 of 12,007
3Kgx7Qw.jpg

3Kgx7Qw

3Kgx7Qw

OMG it doesnt look good, anyone also had same problems? thats too bad. Does it suddenly turn out to be like that in a short time or happens gradually?
Judge from your tidy nails, i assume youre a clean type person also LOL

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #493 of 12,007
3Kgx7Qw

3Kgx7Qw

That really doesn‘t look good! :triportsad:
The product description says that they are zinc-magnesium alloy, polished and PLATED with stainless steel. Yours look as if the plating is coming off!
I‘d be very careful with polishing, that might remove more of the plating. Looks like a warranty claim :triportsad:

I keep each IEM in a little bag, then both with cable in a bigger bag.
Time to design a 3D printed storage box!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back