Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,247 of 12,007
Got my Crescents yesterday. There’s nothing wrong with these, that’s for sure. OOTB they seemed more spot on than KP. Tonally they’re tuned more for general hearing and tastes...more forward bass, slightly warmer than KP. But through the FQ they’re pretty incredible - just lack the detail of KP and holographic effect. Wonder if they’ll improve even more with burn in...

Feb 27, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,248 of 12,007
My measurements showed that the KPE cable is 0.3 ohm. Or better saying, it has the same ohm like a 16 core cable (Kinboofi) from Aliexpress.
So, seems there is difference in cable quality as 2 persons here have measured ~0.8 Ohm and You 0.3 Ohm, which is lot of difference!

Feb 27, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #1,249 of 12,007
Got my Crescents yesterday. There’s nothing wrong with these, that’s for sure. OOTB they seemed more spot on than KP. Tonally they’re tuned more for general hearing and tastes...more forward bass, slightly warmer than KP. But through the FQ they’re pretty incredible - just lack the detail of KP and holographic effect. Wonder if they’ll improve even more with burn in...
The Crescent is the most right for me of Aria, KP and Crescent, with Spirals the sound evening out nicely. I am just not getting along with either the Aria or Kanas Pro.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #1,251 of 12,007
The Crescent is the most right for me of Aria, KP and Crescent, with Spirals the sound evening out nicely. I am just not getting along with either the Aria or Kanas Pro.

I’m tempted to agree - side by side Crescent, with the right tips (spirals suit well, yes) is more balanced to me, with a better and more realistic tone throughout. Moondrop have created a gem here for $28.
It really doesn’t do anything wrong.

Feb 27, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,252 of 12,007
All this KP modding is very interesting and innovative and all that...but it doesn’t cut it for me. Evidently it’s not quite there.

Feb 27, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #1,253 of 12,007
I’m tempted to agree - side by side Crescent, with the right tips (spirals suit well, yes) is more balanced to me, with a better and more realistic tone throughout. Moondrop have created a gem here for $28.
It really doesn’t do anything wrong.

How is the technical abilities compared to KP? soundstage, width and depth, clarity? is it "needed" to get crescent if you already have KP as daily driver? I was telling myself not to buy anymore iems but that value price of crescent, ****, C10 really bugging me everyday

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,254 of 12,007
How is the technical abilities compared to KP? soundstage, width and depth, clarity? is it "needed" to get crescent if you already have KP as daily driver? I was telling myself not to buy anymore iems but that value price of crescent, ****, C10 really bugging me everyday
The KP is technically superior in the ways of your question, yet the Crescent has a euphonic way that makes me enjoy the music more. I feel I am being shouted at with the KP at times, and Aria. Assuming we are all getting the same version of these, and mine are not different

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #1,255 of 12,007
The KP is technically superior in the ways of your question, yet the Crescent has a euphonic way that makes me enjoy the music more. I feel I am being shouted at with the KP at times, and Aria. Assuming we are all getting the same version of these, and mine are not different

How crescent's bass slower? Faster? I own mh1 which have similar FR and it's fairly slower compared to my other dynamic IEM even with vent mod to reduce bass.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #1,257 of 12,007

I guess like the MH755, not so great in technical abilities, but tuned perfectly to enjoy based on harmat target. Noted for KP, yes i feel it shouty, at high mids area, 2.5-3khz not by much but more obvious when youre listening at high volume, depends on the song also. just EQ it down at those region by 2db is good enough without losing the details

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #1,258 of 12,007
All this KP modding is very interesting and innovative and all that...but it doesn’t cut it for me. Evidently it’s not quite there.
Well it`s up to person. Of course it doesn`t need to be modded (I personally prefer to try out that last "fine touch" which could make wonders) and can be sent back to seller and try something else...
...and lets not forget about source gear & tips (to which both KPE is very sensitive), personal preferences, music etc. - this isn`t contest, it`s about finding right sound for Yourself not about who has better IEM.
If KPE isn`t for You, move on :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #1,259 of 12,007
I guess like the MH755, not so great in technical abilities, but tuned perfectly to enjoy based on harmat target. Noted for KP, yes i feel it shouty, at high mids area, 2.5-3khz not by much but more obvious when youre listening at high volume, depends on the song also. just EQ it down at those region by 2db is good enough without losing the details

Yes, I find KP performs best at low volumes where you can enjoy the detail without suffering the slightly reedy quality of vocals on SOME tracks/vocalists.

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,260 of 12,007
can anyone recommend any tips for Kanas Pro, the one delivered are all small could be a mistake in packaging, I tried to put my Shure SE846 tips but the earphone holes of KP seems too big, also are the DM6 and KP tips compatible? I would prefer a Shure or comply type tips or other options which provides good isolation and doesn't hamper the SQ specially bass. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back