Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #11,326 of 12,007
Got my blessing 2s on the way, should get them today. Heard a lot of great things about em but I’ve also heard a lot of negatives so I hope I like em
I’ve tried a few of the moondrop iems: aria, Kato, Kanas- and the Blessing 2 is by far my favorite. Not just a different signature, but a really nice sound imo. Personally, the blessing 2 and 7hz timeless are the only two I’ve kept, and not sold or traded for another iem or headphone upgrade. Just love the sound of each.
I hope you enjoy them.

Jul 1, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #11,327 of 12,007

Attachments

• 9A11A993-A7FC-4658-94E8-1CC500F3CF71.jpeg
    9A11A993-A7FC-4658-94E8-1CC500F3CF71.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 0
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #11,329 of 12,007
Are there some third-party eartips that sound close to Moondrop spring tips but isolate more? I prefer the KATO's sound with spring tips but I find the isolation lacking.
The foam tips that come with it isolate a fair bit more, but they are too long and make the shells stick out too far.
I've tried Azla Light Short tips too, but they add an annoying peak around 13-14kHz and also get dislodged easily because the material isn't as grippy.
Thinking about trying some Spinfits, but I'm a bit unsure.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #11,330 of 12,007
Super interested in the MoonZero Dream. Does it come with an accompanying amp? What are the power requirements to drive it sufficiently?

Venus sounds super tempting too! 😋 Wasn't expecting you guys to dwell into headphones. What a pleasant surprise! 👍

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #11,333 of 12,007
Are there some third-party eartips that sound close to Moondrop spring tips but isolate more? I prefer the KATO's sound with spring tips but I find the isolation lacking.
The foam tips that come with it isolate a fair bit more, but they are too long and make the shells stick out too far.
I've tried Azla Light Short tips too, but they add an annoying peak around 13-14kHz and also get dislodged easily because the material isn't as grippy.

Give the SpinFit CP145 a try. They have a similar fit to the AZLA Crystal but aren’t tacky feeling and (in my opinion) effect the sound less.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #11,335 of 12,007
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #11,336 of 12,007
I'd like to second the recommendation for the SpinFit CP145. I ordered them for my Kato and got them this week as up until then, I thought something wasn't quite right and after trying four different types of eartips they made a real difference.

For me the Sprinftips don't isolate well enough, sadly. They didn't work well for me with neither the Kato nor the Chu. Just for reference, for the Kato I tried:
  • Springtips - poor isolation.
  • Hybrid from Sony I had from some random IEM - great seal but they boosted the bass way too much to my liking.
  • Azla Xelestec - I liked these a lot but unlike my experience with the Blessing 2, on the Kato sometimes they would not fit quite as well.
  • Spinfit CP142 - Finally the one that got it just right. I also ordered the CP100+ to use the shipping but didn't even test them. I'll probably use them on the next set I get.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #11,338 of 12,007
IMG-20220713-110838.jpg

Just got the Aria Snow edition, probably late to the party but the included cable tie makes a handy chin slider!

I swapped my old Aria's for these with my friend as he wanted something a bit more 'fun', where as I prefer something a bit more neutral, and these hit that mark quite well, definitely a lot less these 'shouty' which is a massive boon for me, the original Arias (2021) were getting quite fatiguing for me at higher volume levels, these are a big improvement on that front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back