Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #11,312 of 11,982
I bought Moondrop Chu to see what the hype is about and I'm not really happy with them. They are decent for classical and piano, good for vocals. Instrument seperation is very nice. Very comfortable but bass is tin thin, my old Sony EX650AP are vastly superior and much more enjoyable because of solid punchy bass. Spring tips are nothing special I like Sony hybrid silicon more. Also chus when using previous next track on phone give nasty noise crack unlike my Sonys. I don't recommend these ones despite all the hype unless you are on ultra low budget or prefer classical/chamber music. Maybe after modding bass will be more punchy. I paid 26 eur with delivery and for the price are fine but I'd recommend a little bit more expensive but more enjoyable Sony EX650.

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #11,313 of 11,982
I bought Moondrop Chu to see what the hype is about and I'm not really happy with them. They are decent for classical and piano, good for vocals. Instrument seperation is very nice. Very comfortable but bass is tin thin, my old Sony EX650AP are vastly superior and much more enjoyable because of solid punchy bass. Spring tips are nothing special I like Sony hybrid silicon more. Also chus when using previous next track on phone give nasty noise crack unlike my Sonys. I don't recommend these ones despite all the hype unless you are on ultra low budget or prefer classical/chamber music. Maybe after modding bass will be more punchy. I paid 26 eur with delivery and for the price are fine but I'd recommend a little bit more expensive but more enjoyable Sony EX650.
Moondrop was never known for their bass. Other than the Dusk (which is a slight retune) and the Variations (which Herbert himself said the bass shelf was too much for his liking), their tuning is mostly inoffensive and safe, which most people with no tonal preferences would enjoy.

Jun 29, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #11,315 of 11,982
Jun 29, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #11,318 of 11,982
Could you share which cable do you use? I'm struggling with my own search. aria have "extended" 0,78mm connector. ideally would be if cable has detachable jack
I use KBEAR 2-pin/0.78mm to 2.5mm balanced

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #11,319 of 11,982
I use KBEAR 2-pin/0.78mm to 2.5mm balanced
Shopee_ae56f7c262cc206d6473dd6706122fd8.jpg

But ain't that too shallow?

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #11,320 of 11,982
Jun 30, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #11,321 of 11,982
Could you share which cable do you use? I'm struggling with my own search. aria have "extended" 0,78mm connector. ideally would be if cable has detachable jack
A nice option could be the Hakugei Silver Surfer. Yes it's one of the cheapest cables with a detachable jack but it has a surprisingly good construction. Instead of the usual slide X over Y with a plastic core and a metal sheath, it has more layers. There is still a plastic core but it has 3 layers around it, the layer around the core is also plastic which increases friction so the jack will stay on and the outer two are both metal to add more strength to the construction. The rest of the cable is build to a high standard similar to KBEAR. It is a 16 core though so while it's supple, it's fairly thick.

It works so well with my Olina that I've got two more coming.
Also has the longer pins with the longer block, should work with the aria as it works with my starfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back