Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #10,696 of 12,004
Also got my Nekocake recently and they do not work with my mid-2013 MacBook air. Have tried with 2 MacBook airs and they have the same problem. Bluetooth interface on the Mac's becomes very slow like they are causing interference. Eventually I can get Nekocake to connect and pair but the connection drops out / disconnects every few seconds or minutes. Completely unusable and disappointed.

Tested with iPhone, pc, and 2 android devices. Works well.
Are there any system information regarding that? We are aware of the problem. Trying to replicate them in lab.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #10,698 of 12,004
Finally got the time around testing this duo after my long draught. Currently I prefer the Sparks over the Nekocake but Moondrop giving out ANC with such price is quite a delight as well.

Review coming in a few days at https://banbeu.com

Sparks&Nekocake-5.png

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #10,699 of 12,004
Finally got the time around testing this duo after my long draught. Currently I prefer the Sparks over the Nekocake but Moondrop giving out ANC with such price is quite a delight as well.

Review coming in a few days at https://banbeu.com

263618577_455428242638854_4413876787777133807_n.jpg

That is an adorable plushie <3.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #10,700 of 12,004
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #10,701 of 12,004
@MOONDROP

I've heard rumors of an incoming Moondrop flagship iem as an update over the existing S8.
Do you know approximately when the sequel will be released?
Engineering prototype only, no estimate yet.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #10,703 of 12,004
Does anyone have experience with the CP155 tips on the Dusk? Do they actually improve seal and comfort? Some days I wear the Dusk with the stock tips and they feel good but other days they are a little more uncomfortable lol. Can’t decide if I should’ve just stuck with stock. My CP155 comes in tomorrow

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #10,705 of 12,004
I got my small CP155 tips…and I don’t know if I should keep using them? On the plus side, they feel more natural and flush in my ear than stock. Both are similar in overall comfort, but the stock just fit a bit awkwardly in my ear and took more work to insert, and always felt like they might come out (even though they didn’t do anything to prove that). Even still, the CP155 feels more secure and I feel like I can move around more without feeling like they’re moving. I was expecting that the longer tip would provide better isolation but unfortunately that’s not the case. It’s pretty much the same.

As for sound, I think there is a difference. They seem to shift the balance towards the lower mids and midbass and they seem warmer, while the upper mids and lower treble seem smoother. However, it seems like there’s a very small bump in the upper treble now. Sibilance seems more noticeable to me but it’s not grating or fatiguing.

Small differences though. Honestly kind of a pain trying to change tips back and forth to hear differences. On one hand, the Spinfits do feel a little better and I think sound better, on the other hand I’m not using the Dusk’s intended sound.

One other strange thing…idk if it’s because of the sound being a little warmer but I’ve noticed I’m turning the volume up a few more decibels. I’m kinda surprised because I thought being a deeper fit, I’d have to LOWER the volume.

Dec 9, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #10,706 of 12,004
guys hows your kato matte hold up until now? I saw someone sell mirror finish secondhand just for review but already has many thin lines on them. Is it really stop producing or just temporary? Thanks

Dec 9, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #10,707 of 12,004
I've been listening to the Blessing 2 for a good week now, unfortunately it's too fatiguing for me, especially after coming from the T2, I find myself reaching to turn the volume down too much, this is not a 'neutral' iem, not even close imo, voices are way off in tonality and body, you shouldn't be 'wincing' to male vocals at moderate volumes!, yes I can use the PEQ suggested and that does help a lot but that isn't available to me on all my devices.

Dec 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #10,708 of 12,004
I've been listening to the Blessing 2 for a good week now, unfortunately it's too fatiguing for me, especially after coming from the T2, I find myself reaching to turn the volume down too much, this is not a 'neutral' iem, not even close imo, voices are way off in tonality and body, you shouldn't be 'wincing' to male vocals at moderate volumes!, yes I can use the PEQ suggested and that does help a lot but that isn't available to me on all my devices.

Reminds me on why crin retuned blessing 2 with lower male vocal or less mid really

images.jpeg

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #10,709 of 12,004
guys hows your kato matte hold up until now? I saw someone sell mirror finish secondhand just for review but already has many thin lines on them. Is it really stop producing or just temporary? Thanks
Mine came out of the box with a few marks on them already. If you put them in your pocket with keys or other hard material they will get marks on them.

If you want perfection you will just have to make sure they only touch your ears and your hands.

I feel the mirror finish will be a lot easier to clean/polish to a near like new state than the matte grey ones cos if you rub them their matte finish starts to get a bit shinier.

Maybe @MOONDROP can give us some tips how to take care of them?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #10,710 of 12,004
Mine can out of the box with a few marks on them already. If you put them in your pocket with heys or other hard material they will get marks on them.

If you want perfection you will just have to make sure they only touch your ears and your hands.

I feel the mirror finish will be a lot easier to clean/polish to a near like new state than the matte grey ones cos if you rub them their mat finish starts to get a bit shinier.

Maybe @MOONDROP can give us some tips how to take care of them?
Considering moondrop proceed to discontinue the Matte color, possibly they figure that they couldn't preserve the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back