Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #10,456 of 11,982
But when Marilyn Monroe (Penon Fan) and Ingrid Bergman (2021 Hana) walk into the room shouty becomes an issue for Ms. Taylor.
That's what I love about this hobby. So many lovely choices available to enjoy for less than the price of a steak house dinner for two and a bottle of wine!

Oct 27, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #10,457 of 11,982
I am finding the Kato to be fairly shouty. I tried the Spring tips, the foam tips, Final E tips. They had no affect on the shout. Thoughts from anyone?

I don't have the Kato, but when u say "shout", you are probably referring to the upper mids region? The upper mids region won't be affected by foam tips or Final E tips. Upper mids is also affected by ear anatomy (pinna gain) and source and volume played at (Fletcher Munson curve), and hearing health.

Upper mids is a bit harder to fix than treble, but can be tamed by a few of these options:
1) Use Ostry tips
2) Play at lower volumes - AKA Fletcher Munson curve - music is perceived to sound more V shaped (boosted upper mids/treble/bass) at louder volumes, whereas it sounds more U shaped at lower volumes
3) EQ
4) Use micropore mod - cover 90% of the nozzle of the IEM with a 3M micropore tape - reversible mod.
5) Use a warmer source

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #10,458 of 11,982
@MOONDROP @shenzhenaudio

Can you guys please confirm when the matte versions will be shipped? I ordered over a week ago, the shenshenaudio website says 1-3 days for shipping. It does not mention that it is a pre-order, back ordered or out of stock, since I was able to order it, I assume it was ready to go.

I don't mind waiting, but I would like to know how long so I have my expectations set.

Thanks.

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #10,459 of 11,982
@MOONDROP @shenzhenaudio

Can you guys please confirm when the matte versions will be shipped? I ordered over a week ago, the shenshenaudio website says 1-3 days for shipping. It does not mention that it is a pre-order, back ordered or out of stock, since I was able to order it, I assume it was ready to go.

I don't mind waiting, but I would like to know how long so I have my expectations set.

Thanks.

Just came across Moondrop's announcement regarding this on their Facebook page.

Moondrop shipping delay announcement.png

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #10,460 of 11,982
@MOONDROP @shenzhenaudio

Thanks.
Hello there, do you prefer to change the matte to mirror that we can arrange yours immediately? Sorry cuz the few stocks of KATO cannot catch up the demand.
Here is MOONDROP's announcement, https://twitter.com/MoondropLab/status/1454000302986694661

ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Oct 29, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #10,461 of 11,982
guys, i just got a new ish second hand Aria which i used through BTR5.
On original cable it run just fine, but on other cable like a 2.5mm jack cable, there is some noise on certain song.

is it the cable problem or there is something wrong with my aria?

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #10,463 of 11,982
I sincerely hope that Moondrop manage to get TWS features right.
Some IEM group like KZ manage to get good sounding TWS but crap at other TWS features, like design didn't cause air noise, get good mic with noise reducer, battery life, connection types (aptxHD/LDAC) and stability, use latest bluetooth (chip 3040 or equal), and etc.

Groups like Soundpeats, Tronsmart, Haylou might have "inferior" sound but usually it came with much better and more functional TWS features
---
43a097ba0e860800f4a870840f1db652.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #10,464 of 11,982
I sincerely hope that Moondrop manage to get TWS features right.
Some IEM group like KZ manage to get good sounding TWS but crap at other TWS features, like design didn't cause air noise, get good mic with noise reducer, battery life, connection types (aptxHD/LDAC) and stability, use latest bluetooth (chip 3040 or equal), and etc.

Groups like Soundpeats, Tronsmart, Haylou might have "inferior" sound but usually it came with much better and more functional TWS features
Well, from what I‘ve read their first TWS, the Sparks, were a competent set at a good price point. I think Moondrop can follow that up with the Necokake.

I should get my set within the next two weeks, then I‘ll see whag they can do :)

The fact that these have ANC at their price point is crazy to me. If it‘s even half as good as what Sony or Samsung can achieve then they are winners.

Most TWS (and ANC Headphones) nail the convenience and ANC, but absolutely suck in terms of sound quality. The Galaxy Buds Lineup is one of the few exceptions.

If both the Sound Quality and ANC are at least decent, I’d say the Nekocake would be an easy recommendation.

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #10,465 of 11,982
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #10,466 of 11,982
@MOONDROP @shenzhenaudio

Thanks.
Due to the low production yield of matte finished shell, there’s a more than one month ETA unfortunately…
We’ll cancel this product after this batches also… due to that matte shell has a less than 10% yield, it’s too hard to keep it on shelf. We sincerely apologize for all the trouble caused and will try our best to fulfill existing orders.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #10,467 of 11,982
Guys I’m just really curious. Right now I have a set of sennheiser momentum tws 2 and am waiting for my first pair of wired iems (apart from your typical apple buds). I have ordered the moondrop Kato and the fiio btr5 and I am now wondering if this combo will have even better sound than the momentums tws (which in my opinion already sounds great).

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #10,468 of 11,982
Due to the low production yield of matte finished shell, there’s a more than one month ETA unfortunately…
We’ll cancel this product after this batches also… due to that matte shell has a less than 10% yield, it’s too hard to keep it on shelf. We sincerely apologize for all the trouble caused and will try our best to fulfill existing orders.
If I may suggest you could replace the matte finish with the finish of the Aria. A black Kato would be killer awesome! :sunglasses:

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #10,469 of 11,982
If I may suggest you could replace the matte finish with the finish of the Aria. A black Kato would be killer awesome! :sunglasses:

Please, no. Every week there's a person complaining about how bad and prone to bubbling/chip is Aria's paint job. Some examples:

7c6hodr3rgg71.jpg
6xt001b2rgg71.jpg

mb6w702nt5w71.jpg

m1s2e9umt5w71.jpg

fogyi5d.jpg

IMG20210810200455.jpg

IMG20210810200409.jpg

But I do agree an anodized black version like the discontinued version of the black Tanchjim Oxygen would be pretty dope.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #10,470 of 11,982
guys, i just got a new ish second hand Aria which i used through BTR5.
On original cable it run just fine, but on other cable like a 2.5mm jack cable, there is some noise on certain song.

is it the cable problem or there is something wrong with my aria?
Maybe try cover the top connector part(the part where the thickness of connector changes on the trrs connector) with paper.
If the problem disappears, it was a design flaw in some earlier trrs equipment.
If persists… I’m not sure.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back