Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #8,176 of 11,996
Guys, I think my right side of Aria is dying.

From the beginning of the week to now, the volume on the right side just got lower.

I contacted the AliExpress store and they asked me to change the filter. I changed it, but it didn't solve the problem (I already imagined that wasn't it).

I recorded this video and sent it to them:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NJuzCeZkERVdmpWGA

They said that the problem was not very clear. Can you hear? For me it's very audible that the right side is MUCH lower, I hardly feel the bass on the right side, it's practically muted.

I was unlucky. The point is that sometimes it works well, sometimes it gets low. The store offered me a possibility of a partial chargeback, but that doesn't make sense to me, what am I going to do with just one functional side of an IEM? And I don't know if the problem is bad contact on the cable, or some internal component on the right side. @MOONDROP , help me, please.

Check the filter for clogging. Then try replacing the filter even if the filter is not clogged with earwax.

I am quite biased against fabric-covered cables, so take this with several pounds of salt, trying a different cable may make you much happier with the Aria.

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #8,178 of 11,996

From the beginning of the week to now, the volume on the right side just got lower.

I contacted the AliExpress store and they asked me to change the filter. I changed it, but it didn't solve the problem (I already imagined that wasn't it).

They said that the problem was not very clear. Can you hear? For me it's very audible that the right side is MUCH lower, I hardly feel the bass on the right side, it's practically muted.

I was unlucky. The point is that sometimes it works well, sometimes it gets low. The store offered me a possibility of a partial chargeback, but that doesn't make sense to me, what am I going to do with just one functional side of an IEM? And I don't know if the problem is bad contact on the cable, or some internal component on the right side. @MOONDROP , help me, please.
yeah the loudness difference is very apparent. try contact them again with that?

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 11, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #8,179 of 11,996
Check the filter for clogging. Then try replacing the filter even if the filter is not clogged with earwax.

I am quite biased against fabric-covered cables, so take this with several pounds of salt, trying a different cable may make you much happier with the Aria.
Can I ask why you don't like fabric-covered cables? Genuinely curious.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #8,180 of 11,996
Can I ask why you don't like fabric-covered cables? Genuinely curious.
Some people do prefer bare metal colors compared to artificial color or sleeves, mostly aesthetic reasons, on the other side , fabrics sometimes broke aparts faster than internal wiring, makes it even more annoying.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #8,182 of 11,996
Looking forward to Variations, been searching for tribrid iem, hopefully this one is competent with
empire ears bravado mkii, est112, thieaudio’s.

I hope for a varied price-point strategy, and use 4 of their best softears-D BAs to defeat the competition.

Budget line - Aria
Mid line - Blessing 2 / Dusk
EST line - Blessing Variations (1x coated dome DD, 4x softear-D mid BA, 2x EST = 7 driver combo) = ~$500-600 USD
Top of the line - S8, Solis
Premium sister line - Softears RS10 / RSV

I think it looks like 1 DD + 2 Softear mids + 2EST combo. I'll want to hear Crin's thoughts on the matter before slapping the bucks on the table.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #8,184 of 11,996
if Variations is Blessing 2 + treble extension, could be a very interesting product, especially at the rumoured price :eyes:
It's the one thing I miss from the B2 over, say, the DK-3001 Pro. Interesting to see how a similar driver arrangement can be tuned so differently. Very curious to see how those ESTs are tuned.

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #8,185 of 11,996
Aria pros: excellent timbre, coherent and well-balanced tonality, good dynamics, open and resolving sound, lots of stage width, reasonable extension at both ends, good instrument separation, excellent build quality and comfort.

Aria cons: average imaging, not much texture, poor stage depth and height, sub-par isolation, bit of driver flex, tangly and kinky stock cable.

Overall, this is the best all-rounder I’ve heard so far under the $100 mark, supplanting my beloved Tin T2+ in that position.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #8,186 of 11,996

Funny enough, this just happened with my B2D which are less than a month old. So in my case, I believe I just got a lemon, unfortunately. How old are your Arias?

Jun 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #8,187 of 11,996
Variations launch is almost here!! :ksc75smile:

The faceplate seems to look much better than the one shown previously!

var.jpg

Jun 14, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #8,190 of 11,996
Hey folks just wanted to know out of the two the ie300 and aria ii which would be a better option for a day to day listen, I like warmth, clarity, details and nice surrounding sound, does anyone have both to provide some feedback much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back