Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 12, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #7,923 of 12,008
May 12, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #7,924 of 12,008
I've seen your IEMs, I'm curious, if B2 is 87, how much do you rate Monarch and MEST?

this is still draft for Dusk 89 or 90/100, monarch 93/100, MEST mkii 97/100, anole vx 99/100. The reaaon why I down graded Monarch is simply due to personal tonality preference, due to lack of mid-bass. And coherence of Monarch is not as perfectly aligned as Mest mkii and VX. Dusk&B2 has very good coherence though.

Dusk is very satisfactory, if you are fine with Dusk, further push to rest of 10% would need exponential multipliers on price.
3079400E-FD60-4230-AEED-43913B27B5D3.jpeg
FB7F913C-2976-4678-9465-645DC4D127F2.jpeg

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #7,925 of 12,008
May 12, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #7,926 of 12,008
Hi all, I'm new to IEMs and back in April I purchased the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk with it expected to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be looking at getting some eartips to try out and I'm wondering if any of you have some recommendations. I've been looking at this thread and have seen Spinfit mentioned quite a bit so I'll be looking at trying those out, If you can mention some other good brands you recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Myself and my friend are using SpinFit CP500/CP360/CP100 depending on the mood, CP500 for ultira crisp tuning because the bore is 5.5mm, CP100 is 3.5mm so you can choose how mellower you would like Dusk to sound. The stock tip I think is 3mm and from my experience is the lack-back tuning of all. SpinFit, if fit right, will create additional sound stage as well.

May 12, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #7,927 of 12,008
Aghh! I had to check it before placing order😭😭😭😭
I should probably clarify: not in stock, but available for purchase. Chances are, you may have been 4px'd anyway.

They did sent the P1 to me via DHL, but I've heard mixed reports on who they use and what criteria they use to figure that out.

Either way, glad you're getting them and we'd love to see you pop into the dedicated TWS thread and share your comments. I did post the product release there yesterday and mentioned Moondrop in it.

May 12, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #7,928 of 12,008
@AmericanSpirit love the comparison! Do you have plan to test the Moondrop S8 in the future? Many consider it to be better than the RSV.

May 12, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #7,929 of 12,008
@AmericanSpirit love the comparison! Do you have plan to test the Moondrop S8 in the future? Many consider it to be better than the RSV.
S8 is in my sight, RSV is tricky IEM, it's an HRTF hitter if it hits individuals HRTF, it's one and the only "reality simulator", if it misses, for the most of the time, it just an average good sounding IEM with price-no-matter class best-tuned tonality.
Meanwhile, I can agree S8's curve is perfectly universal all-rounder Harman neutral, with quad Softears-MID BA vs Dual Softears-MID BA used for Blessing2's, there may be some excitement for the midrange of S8.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #7,931 of 12,008
Just received Dusk, unbelievably in my mailbox via 4px. Wow they didn’t even used USPS but somehow had access to open the mailbox!
0B5A9A3A-2F4A-44F9-850E-634A3A9FA65A.jpeg

Blessing 2 vs Dusk quick comparison:

Blessing2:
-works better with instruments only songs, wood bass sounds with better body, 6khz peak is slightly brighter makes string/chamber instruments bit more vividness
-male vocals sound natural (There is one guy I know his voice very very well; Kurt Cobain. His voice on Dusk unfortunately was not very natural, I’d say Dusk will make Male Voice more huskier; Dusk has husky filter on voices.)

Dusk:
-works better with vocal songs mainly female vocals and sopranos, back band stays very well not interfering with vocals(Yorushika suis voice sounds amazing!)

-better air presentation without fatiguing peaks, 6khz still has some sibilance, but not as bright as original B2

The difference reminds me of Monarch vs Clairvoyance, Monarch works great with EDM/female vocals/classical with string/chamber focus, meanwhile Clairvoyance works great for Rock/pops/anything with beats and instruments focused.

Here is my perception toward imaging priority for both: taking modern music factors(disregarding mixing balance)

Blessing2:
Low Tom> Floor Tom> High Tom> Guitar = Bass guitar > Male Vocal = hihats = Piano = crash cymbals =Synthesizer > bass drum / ride cymbals> female vocals = snare drum > keyboard bgm

Dusk:
Female Vocal > Floor tom = bass drum = snare drums > ride cymbals = synthesizer > Guitar = Piano> Male Vocal > crash cymbals =
keyboard bgm> High Tom > Low Tom > Bass Guitar

Which I prefer?
For J-Pop/K-pop, EDM/Trance, Jazz with extreme drum focus(i.e. Dave Weckl band), Violin/Viola/Piccolo/flute focus classical and anything with higher pitched vocals: Dusk

For American Rock/Metal, American Pops, instrumentals, Post-rocks, Jazz with male vocals and wood bass, anything with Piano focused. Full orchestral: Original Blessing2

What’s so special about Dusk?: “Female Vocal always Spot On!”
3khz pinna gain hits vocal tone to stick in front of any instruments besides back beats, which makes Vocal main focused audiences happy. The Archenemy of vocal; Bass Guitar’s existence is very subtle.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #7,932 of 12,008
Just received Dusk, unbelievably in my mailbox via 4px. Wow they didn’t even used USPS but somehow had access to open the mailbox!
0B5A9A3A-2F4A-44F9-850E-634A3A9FA65A.jpeg
Blessing 2 vs Dusk quick comparison:

Blessing2:
-works better with instruments only songs, wood bass sounds with better body, 6khz peak is slightly brighter makes string/chamber instruments bit more vividness
-male vocals sound natural (There is one guy I know his voice very very well; Kurt Cobain. His voice on Dusk unfortunately was not very natural, I’d say Dusk will make Male Voice more huskier; Dusk has husky filter on voices.)

Dusk:
-works better with vocal songs mainly female vocals and sopranos, back band stays very well not interfering with vocals(Yorushika suis voice sounds amazing!)

-better air presentation without fatiguing peaks, 6khz still has some sibilance, but not as bright as original B2

The difference reminds me of Monarch vs Clairvoyance, Monarch works great with EDM/female vocals/classical with string/chamber focus, meanwhile Clairvoyance works great for Rock/pops/anything with beats and instruments focused.

Here is my perception toward imaging priority for both: taking modern music factors(disregarding mixing balance)

Blessing2:
Low Tom> Floor Tom> High Tom> Guitar = Bass guitar > Male Vocal = hihats = Piano = crash cymbals =Synthesizer > bass drum / ride cymbals> female vocals = snare drum > keyboard bgm

Dusk:
Female Vocal > Floor tom = bass drum = snare drums > ride cymbals = synthesizer > Guitar = Piano> Male Vocal > crash cymbals =
keyboard bgm> High Tom > Low Tom > Bass Guitar
Thanks for comparison. Are those CP100s on units?

May 12, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #7,933 of 12,008
Thanks for comparison. Are those CP100s on units?
Yes, I love the fit of CP series👍 it sounds a bit brighter than stock ear tips.I was using CP500(5.5mm caliber) for B2, for the best resolution, but after a while, I decided to tune B2 to softer touch IEM, as there are other resolution focused IEMs like Monarch.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #7,934 of 12,008
Some size comparisons.

Attachments

• -3d3e9905979326ae.jpg
    -3d3e9905979326ae.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5277187034abc8f2.jpg
    5277187034abc8f2.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 0
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/moondroplab/ https://x.com/MoondropLab https://www.instagram.com/moondroplab/ https://www.moondroplab.com https://discord.gg/qJrSWrT
May 12, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #7,935 of 12,008
Guys,

My Aria has arrived.

First impressions (without burn-in),

Bass: it's a good bass. For my taste it is neither very present nor very absent. In some tracks I feel a very good kick, in others I don't. I really think it depends on the mix of the track, but for me, it could even have a little more "kick". In extension, I think the bass is very good, for example, on Korn's MTV Unplugged (Live) album (especially on the song Make Me Bad / In Between Days), I can hear the bass and guitar strings vibrating after the notes.

Mid: I really like what's going on here, everything is very clear. For me the instruments are totally distinguishable, with many details present. The vocals are neither behind nor the front, they are exactly where they should be, although they could be more "detailed". In fact, this question of the vocals being exactly where they should be, makes Aria very pleasant for long sessions of music.

Highs: perfect. I love how Aria reproduces cymbals and rattles and this is very evident on the track "Midas Shadow - 2001 Remaster" from Ai Stewart's Year of the Cat album. Higher notes are also played very well.

Aria has very good airness. However, in remastered and older albums, I often hear background hizz. I can't say exactly why that happens...

Since not everything is perfect, I strongly believe that Aria appeals more to some types of specific genres like pop. I can't say exactly why, but this sound signature works VERY WELL with bands like The Neighborhood. I invite everyone to listen to the song Sweet Weather and confirm this fact.

Apart from my first impressions, I would like to ask a question of everyone. I'm currently using my "Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING" motherboard as a source, it has a feature called "DTS Custom" and it greatly improves Aria's sound signature. Do you think features like DTS make the sound very artificial? I emphasize that my first impressions are with the DTS turned off, but when I turn it on, Aria becomes something else (which I particularly like more). I'll leave a screenshot of "DTS"...

custom-audio-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back